Gaspar praise for even spread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Gaspar praise for even spread

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Barry Levinson
afl.com.au
1:21:49 PM Thu 15 May, 2003

Richmond vice-captain Darren Gaspar believes his side’s vast improvement this season has emanated from an even contribution on the field.

Unlike in previous seasons, the Tigers have not been relying on a handful of stars to carry the burden.

Several of these stars – Wayne Campbell, Matthew Richardson and Brad Ottens – have missed matches through injury this year, but the Tigers have hardly missed a beat, and head into their round eight match against Melbourne on Saturday night in third position on the ladder with a 5-2 record.

“We’ve have had our fair share of injuries,” Gaspar acknowledged, “but I think the important thing is that we’ve had 22 contributors over the early part of the season, which is a big part of our game.

“When we’ve got everyone making a contribution it’s hard to pinpoint any one player who’s winning games for us, so that’s the most important thing.”

Richardson and fellow-forward Adam Houlihan are ready to resume from hamstring injuries and Gaspar believes it is a good sign that Richmond has been performing well with several players on the sidelines.

“It keeps the pressure on for spots and keeps the pressure on the track at training. (It adds) to the pressure for everyone to contribute and have a crack every week.”