GF Opponent | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

GF Opponent

Collingwood or GWS?

• GWS Giants

Votes: 13 61.9%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
There'd be nothing better than beating the Pies in a Grand Final
There'd be nothing worse than losing to the Pies in a Grand Final

Winning a Grand Final regardless of the opposition is *smile* brilliant.

I'll take the low risk option and hope for a GWS win

Reactions: 4 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
Never in my life will I barrack for a side that is not us tomorrow. My Kingdom for you, GW.

Reactions: 1 user

Brettstigers

Queen La Camilla
Mar 21, 2005
Sydney
Nahh - Collingwood for me. Can't take the full serving of humble pie off of Toby "Hair-Puller" Greene. He can sit at the table with Tom "The Hammer" Hawkins and tuck right in.

You can never tell but given the way the game played out, Geelong last night with Hawkins in the side might have set a monstrous task by half time and with so many hurting, might have been very, very hard.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Yep.
Knocking off collingwood in the GF would be so sweet. 12 months of rubbing their toothless faces in it would be so much fun and to see Buckley choke again at the big day, I will laugh my arse off.

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Hoping for the plastic corporate Frankenstein to win today, but it will be a big ask without the hair puller, Whitfield and Coniglio.
The scum don’t deserve to be in the GF.
Let’s hope it rains and they drive each other into the ground.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
GWS will not be a roll over but we have the beating of them in all areas from coach, players and mindset. Just glad that the Pies missed out for Eddie to sook

67 special

Tiger Matchwinner
May 12, 2009
I had a ringside seat at the Collingwood v GWS game today......GWS have always been slick and athletic etc.....but they've really added a defensive hardness to their game. We can beat them but they really look like they're on a mission ......it's going to take our best effort. Another first half like we put in against Cats and we could be toast.

Reactions: 2 users

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
Have to start of well our last two finals been slow of blocks will get punished.Gws last 2 games they tire in the 4 qtr, travel 3rd week now.

67 special

Tiger Matchwinner
May 12, 2009
Have to start of well our last two finals been slow of blocks will get punished.Gws last 2 games they tire in the 4 qtr, travel 3rd week now.
Good point about last quarter...particularly yesterday. I'm buggered if I know how they stopped Pies getting that last goal....the ball was bouncing around Pies' forward line for a long time for no score. GWS were unbelievably dogged in stopping any shots on goal......but you'd have to say they were probably lucky in the end not to concede one......So yes...they dropped right away in that last qtr.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
Richmond will take plenty from that fade out.
I remember the VFL 3/4 time huddle last week when they were all saying we are the fittest team and we have the legs to come home. That’s exactly what we did. The club will be thinking this against the Giants.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Any opponent in a Grand Final is a very worthy opponent.
Richmond will not be taking GWS lightly in any shape or form.

Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The conditions are going to be far better than what they were yesterday. Scores reflected by the conditions.

The conditions weren't great but the scores were worse than the conditions. What did Collingwood have, 3 goals at 3/4 time, and GWS only had 7. Ground wasn't a mudslop like in the old days, even with those conditions the scoring was low.

DS