Give It A Rest!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Give It A Rest!!!

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
We are all now aware that Pettifer is not playing great footy. We are also aware that many on this site believe he should be delisted and sent to pay for his crimes against the RFC- but really- Please, Please, Please give it a rest. Pettifer is in the squad, will not be cut from the list next week, and therefore has until the end of his contract to show something. Maybe he should be in the two's, maybe not, but the kid is not responsible for Richmond not winning a flag in the past 20 odd years. I am as parochial as the next guy, and as some may remember, have already had an incident with Greg Miller to prove this, but i really think some reactions to form on this forum are seriously labouring the point. We can not, for financial and long term performance reasons, turf out a player every time we the membership get tired of them. If we brought in young players everytime a senior player underperformed we would have the Richmond under 15's running around out there!
Of course many points made are 100% correct, some players are out of time. This will be dealt with when possible.
Rogers' (for instance) time may well be up, but we can't just blood young players for the sake of it. We are equal second on the ladder for !@#$ sake! Blood young players when the results don't matter so much, but there is no need to prepare for 2004 in round 7 when you are on track to play finals footy. The reason Geelong and St. Kilda have blooded a heap of young players? ITS ALL THEY'VE GOT!!!
I guess all i am saying is that we tend to try to find fault, because we are so used to it. When the team is going alright, like now, we should probably talk it up a bit!!
If we don't believe in our team, who will.
Enough preaching...
Go tigers, and Go Pettifer, go Fiora- go get a bagful!!!!

TigerFury

Eloquent Feral
Dec 19, 2002
Belgrave
I think it is one of the cruellest ironies that the team that has performed the worst over the past 2 decades has the supporter group that is the least tolerant of failure!

T

tiga chikk

The guys are out there trying their best week in and week out and so far this season they have done pretty well.

i believe also that Fiora was the one that put us on the board last week with the first goal for the tiges and also was up there with kraka and staff with two goals at the end of the night.

The team can't be filled with just Mark Coughlans or Wayne Campbells, sure it would be nice but who would everyone talk about on here if it was

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Hutstar. That is the best post i have ever read on an internet board. Well done. Well summed up.

BTW, what was your incident with Miller, would be interested to hear that.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Arghhhhhh... Hutstar.... welcome back :D

Equal 2nd and the leading Victorian Club. The only team to win 4 games in row in 2003. These are positives I would think. ;)

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
KL - don't get me wrong - I've always said that I'm optimistic about our year and some of our players. But it appears quite clear to me what is holding us back in order for us to go to the next level - the level where we can fight for the flag. However as I've said before it only takes one weak link to cause you greif, and at the moment I can see a few weak links that are persisted with that we need to dispense with QUICKLY in order to be that complete unit that will be competitive come september.

Hungry

Bring back the Tiger mongrel
Mar 18, 2003
Good post, Hutstar - a voice of sanity amid the relentless hysterical whingeing of the shoegazers. Cheers.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Impatient ferals. They were never going to beat Port Adelaide in a million years. I was actually quiet pleased that they only lost by 27 points on what has been a traditional percentage buster flogging. Mind you if Essendon flogs them on saturday, the weekly 2 page sack the coach spread in the sun will be about Frawley next week ;D

PMac

This sure beats workin'
Dec 17, 2002
Sydney
I'm with Diggler on this one. Lets be honest, any objective analysis of the list we had on the field last week (esp after losing Campo and Houlihan during the match) and the Port side would have had us down for a heavy loss. 27 points, 24 of which came from a single 10 minute burst, was a pretty good result.

(However, I still believe it could have been better with a bolder selection policy)

The bombers match is sort of similar. Objectively, with our injuries, the Bombers should beat us - but - we are certainly in with a show and if a few of our guys play above themselves we could steal it.

So, in keeping with the optimistic origins of this thread, I hope that this week Bidders, King, Vardy, Pettifer and any other veterans of the fringe we play prove me wrong and finally lift themselves to the levels expected of an AFL professional.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Ahh, we hear you PMAC.
Shawry, incident w/ Miller was simply me mouthing off and him calling me on it. Told me (us, i think it is safe to say, given the nature of the posts after round one) that the team were doing their best, that the statements he made in the media (re: members) were based on years of experience at this caper which i didn't have, and that even though he had only been around '5 minutes' he was going to give it his best shot and if i didn't like it then stiff Sh!t. Basically rammed humble pie down my throat. Gained my support that day big time.
We then conversed for about a week on a daily email basis, basically clarifying this and that. Specifically at that time he wanted to explain that he felt the club was apologetic by nature, due to always failing the members, and that this was counter productive to the on field success of the footy team. (my words, not his)
I saw it as basically- we are doing this, with or without you, and in time we will succeed or get sacked.
I was very impressed by his character, determination and desire to be in touch with the membership 1st hand. Good guy. ;)

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Hutstar: Miller sounds like my type of guy adn the type of guy i want in the job. Liked him when first hearing about his appointment and deeds at the Kangaroos, then i saw him on White Line Fever and was very impressed, adn after hearing that i have no doubt we are going in the right direction.

Good work hutstar.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
hutstar said:
Go tigers, and Go Pettifer, go Fiora- go get a bagful!!!!

And go Rogo, and go Bidders and go Kingy if you do get selected sometime.
Anyone in the 22 deserves support no matter what personal opinions we have and regardless of age.

Go Tiges....We should support the TEAM and hope every player out there does well...even Kayne ;D...(sorry my sick s.o.h.. couldn't resist.)