Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
MD Jazz said:
Neil breen article in the age saying days first rd was as brave as any seen at Augusta. Please, if he was that injured he wouldn’t be equal leader. Despite being Aust would rather almost anyone else win it.

Compulsive viewing coming up on the weekend.
Even his bride said “suck it up princess “

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I think he has a got a bit of the Jana Pittman's about him, but i do respect him. He had a fairly trouble life as a youngster, out on the drink at 12 years of age and getting into fights, he's done well to get to where he is.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/news/jason-day-reveals-that-his-violent-alcoholic-father-physically-beat-him-as-a-child/news-story/31c14a65b3ab4d477f7d2fafe856aa53

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Can't remember a better stacked leaderboard at the Masters.

This is going to be one hell of a weekend!

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
tigerman said:
I think he has a got a bit of the Jana Pittman's about him, but i do respect him. He had a fairly trouble life as a youngster, out on the drink at 12 years of age and getting into fights, he's done well to get to where he is.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/news/jason-day-reveals-that-his-violent-alcoholic-father-physically-beat-him-as-a-child/news-story/31c14a65b3ab4d477f7d2fafe856aa53

Pittman comparison is perfect for Day. Hope he shoots a pair of 80s to close.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
scottyturnerscurse said:
Pittman comparison is perfect for Day. Hope he shoots a pair of 80s to close.

;D

You're a hard man.

You had any other bets?

I've had a bit of success over the years betting after the 1st, 2nd and 3rd rounds.
I backed Harding after round one, and have backed Thomas after round 2.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
I've had plenty of bets on top nationality multis. Rose killed many of them.

Had a 14-leg multi on players to make the cut. Casey was the only one I missed but I took 13-folds, 12-folds, 11-folds etc and walked away a winner. Did the same thing last year and the Barn Rat shot a 67 or some such in Rd2 to just squeeze in and make me a (temporarily) rich man. Naturally, lost much of it with stupid head-to-head Rd3 multis.

Can't believe Xander is still trading at 17s on the exchange. I went back for more. Guy has game.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
How’s the bastards playing the 96 Masters again :help

What a legend is Faldo.

Looks like 16 under at a minimum

I find it hard to barrack for J Day, always havin a sook

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
scottyturnerscurse said:
Poulter at 50s on the exchange. Had a nibble. Paired with Eldrick in Rd3. Might actually work for him.

It did, poulter did well, but he is just a little far back imo with the calibre of guys ahead of him. Not much being said about Koepka he was a little stiff with the putter. He’s my pick heading into rd 4 although I will barrack for a tiger win.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
scottyturnerscurse said:
Can't believe Xander is still trading at 17s on the exchange. I went back for more. Guy has game.

Should have been closer, a couple of poor decisions cost him.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
MD Jazz said:
It did, poulter did well, but he is just a little far back imo with the calibre of guys ahead of him. Not much being said about Koepka he was a little stiff with the putter. He’s my pick heading into rd 4 although I will barrack for a tiger win.
Same.

Same old story with Scott , if only he could putt.

J Day is the S Motlop of the PGA tour

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Gunna have to do an all nighter, they're playing in 3's and teeing off early on both the 1st and 10th because of predicted bad weather.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
tigerman said:
Gunna have to do an all nighter, they're playing in 3's and teeing off early on both the 1st and 10th because of predicted bad weather.

The reasons behind the start time:

"The decision was predicated off the grim weather predicted for Sunday. The latest official weather report from Augusta National for the final round stated: "30 percent chance for morning showers and isolated thunderstorms, with an 80 percent chance for thunderstorms after 4 p.m. Heavy rain and strong winds are possible, gusting 25-30 mph by later afternoon."

I actually don't think its "fair". They should play the conditions they would normally incur. Play it as it lies so to speak. Takes something away from it for me. I want to see them perform in tough conditions, its a bit like the first 2 rounds, it involves a certain element of luck of the draw. It should be about the legitimacy of the tournament, not comfort of spectators etc.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
MD Jazz said:
I actually don't think its "fair". They should play the conditions they would normally incur. Play it as it lies so to speak. Takes something away from it for me. I want to see them perform in tough conditions, its a bit like the first 2 rounds, it involves a certain element of luck of the draw. It should be about the legitimacy of the tournament, not comfort of spectators etc.

I agree, when there's bad weather, whether it be rain, wind, or both rain and wind it can change things dramatically. As you say the luck of the draw should prevail.
In this instance, the powers that be want to get finished early because of the predicated bad weather. Someone that tees off a couple of hours earlier than the leaders might go and shoot the lights out and be in the clubhouse while the leaders are battling deteriorating conditions.

MD Jazz

Feb 3, 2017
Koepka only playing in his 4th Masters. Has finished 33rd, 21st, 11th & ? Only 29 years old. Has a great demeanour. Looking at his stats on PGA tour he doesn't lead anything in particular, up there in driving distance but generally outside top 50 in most stats. Yet has won 3 majors of his 5 PGA tour victories. Appears the bigger the occasion the better he plays.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Mr Brightside said:
What time Australian is the final group hitting off

9:20 a.m. -- Francesco Molinari, Tony Finau, Tiger Woods, pretty sure that will be 1120 pm AEST.