Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Well, I haven’t watched the final round at Liberty yet but you guys have given me the spoiler on it. Sounds like Cam has sprayed it off the tee again when it’s on the line ? He did that at the St Jude a couple of weeks ago too. Twice now in the last couple of weeks. Not good.

He’s 132nd for driving accuracy on Tour. Great short game but his driving can let him down at times.

Moreover, I’ve started to develop a view that Australians aren’t good under the gun. Over the journey we’ve blown a lot of tournaments and majors in final rounds. Not sure if we’re as mentally tough as others. We get in contention a lot, but struggle to close out a lot too.
Cheers.

He'd be having trouble trusting his driver, he sliced his drive on 3, pulled it into the water on the 5th, sliced it on 7 and sliced it out of bounds on the first playoff hole.
I wish I could play like him though :)

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
His problem is though he puts so much pressure on his short game all the time that when it breaks down, he’s horrendous. Fortunately that doesn’t happen too often but for a couple of years there it did whilst he tried to work out his swing.

He has a sort of tiny lateral slide and reverse or vertical shoulder tilt. He’s always had it since he was a junior along with a bent left arm. But it leads to big time inconsistentcy when his hands and timing and talent don’t adjust for it.

Check this photo out. You can sort of see his weight and shoulders stay on top of his left side at the top of his swing.

View attachment 13140
Has a bit of the stack an tilts about it. There’s a million golfers who hit as good if not better then Speith , however not too many in his class a 100 in

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Cantlay and DeChump playing together are having a good battle on the back nine. It's getting a little spicy, DeChump with his back to him, called out to Cantlay "stop walking".
They're both on 27 under through 15, I'm rooting for Cantlay, because his coaches name is Mulligan :)

Edit

I bet Cantplay would've liked a Mulligan for his 2nd shot on 16 and his tee shot on 17, one shot behind now.

Last edited:

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Reckon I caused Bryson to miss that putt on the 2nd playoff hole just by sheer will power.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Wow, how about the two iron shots from Cantlay and DeChump on 17, the 5th playoff hole, wow !!!!

Reactions: 1 users