Golf | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Golf

Hearing 7 or so PRE Championship participants were desperately calling the Louisville Police a couple of hours ago, threatening to sue them if they didn’t release No Stoppin’ Scottie.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:Some wit in the crowd said to $cheffler as he was walking to the driving range, "your mug shot looks much better than Tiger's" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Some nice rounds being put together despite the rain.

Still not a breath of wind to be seen.

If you keep the ball on the cut stuff the course is pretty much defenceless.

Reactions: 1 user
Pretty amazing round from the Shef considering.

Reckon T Woods still has a tour win in him

Hard greens and wind is the only thing that can stop these blokes

I wonder whether those good old boy coppers gave $cottie a Johnny Rambo shower at the Big House:)

2nd Round Scores 2024 PRE PGA Championship
Low...low....scores at the PGA and PRE Championships. Course is a bit lame for mine. But ! Its a tight Leaderboard just the same in both, and probably an unprecedented start to round 2.

Not Stoppin' Scottie shoots a remarkable -5. Wallace and Gromit shoots a -6. Morikawa as well. If he putts ok, he's a big chance. Very tough to beat when he's playing well. De Chumpo....no thanks. Not him. Theegala and Detry stay in it. Herbert a bit of a surprise. Rahm....you suck.

But in the bigger of the two events its still spoof and Moops bashing it out at the top. spoof shoots the equal lowest score of round 2 with Miles Davis Jazz with a silly -21. At -38 (even sillier) he holds a 2 shot lead over journeyman Moops who sits at -36. Wyndham Clark holding ole Moops back a bit......

In 3rd place 7 shots back sits Miles at -31. He makes the biggest move of the round going from 8th spot to 3rd. The way this course is playing that's easily coverable. 4th place is angle ankle at -30 who moves up 2 spots from 6th.

Tigerman drops 3 spots from 5th to 8th. Not a good round for Toigs - even with Snuffler, Koepka and An in his team. Proves just how easy this course is playing.

Myself, Beets and Danners at the stern of the ship. Rahm and Aberg the big flops.

Plenty left in this. More low scores to come I reckon. Big moves to be made.

Anyway, check your scores. Lots of Svenssons and Van Nistleroys and such. Even the CBS Leaderboard I use couldnt get Van Rooyen listed properly.

1716003914777.png

1716003936383.png
1716003961451.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Bloopin Wyndy Clark is on borrowed time with me.

Two missed cuts in a row has me looking at the subs list.

Bloopin Wyndy Clark is on borrowed time with me.

Two missed cuts in a row has me looking at the subs list.
Yeah he’s out of form Moops. Good swing. Powerful. But prone to spraying when not in sync. When he is in sync, it’s great to watch, but not right now.

Rory and Scott. Still with the average wedge games. Full swings most of the time. Can’t take anything of it. Lot of the Asian players are the same. Everything has to be a full swing.

Yeah he’s out of form Moops. Good swing. Powerful. But prone to spraying when not in sync. When he is in sync, it’s great to watch, but not right now.

Rory and Scott. Still with the average wedge games. Full swings most of the time. Can’t take anything of it. Lot of the Asian players are the same. Everything has to be a full swing.

Clark was spraying them everywhere. In his first 4 holes he overshot the pin twice by at least 20 yards. Never looked in control of his game. When picking my squad for this week I was punting either him or Theegala from my Masters team to accomodate Scheffler. Horror call by the captain there.

Rory is an interesting one. What is it, 10 years since his last major win?

One of the commentators gave him a major clip during The Masters. Not on the main coverage, it was on one of those featured holes channels in the wee hours during the second round. Can’t remember who it was.
To paraphrase, he said for a bloke from Northern Ireland Rory is a poor player in windy conditions. He then went on to claim all his major victories had been on soft courses in benign conditions.
It was quite the drive by, I was a bit taken aback by it. There was a touch of venom about it too.
Thought it would be interesting to cross check, but how do you go about that?

Reactions: 2 users
Clark was spraying them everywhere. In his first 4 holes he overshot the pin twice by at least 20 yards. Never looked in control of his game. When picking my squad for this week I was punting either him or Theegala from my Masters team to accomodate Scheffler. Horror call by the captain there.

Rory is an interesting one. What is it, 10 years since his last major win?

One of the commentators gave him a major clip during The Masters. Not on the main coverage, it was on one of those featured holes channels in the wee hours during the second round. Can’t remember who it was.
To paraphrase, he said for a bloke from Northern Ireland Rory is a poor player in windy conditions. He then went on to claim all his major victories had been on soft courses in benign conditions.
It was quite the drive by, I was a bit taken aback by it. There was a touch of venom about it too.
Thought it would be interesting to cross check, but how do you go about that?
Paul McGinley said the same thing about Rory. Reckons he’s no good in difficult conditions. However, not long after saying that, Rory won the Scottish Open in gale force winds. Then finished 6th at the BO the following week in torrential rain and wind. Otherwise, yeah. Not sure about him when the wind gets up. Strange for someone from Northern Ireland.

I reckon when he’s got a wedge in his hand he’s no good unless it’s a full swing that he can carry to the pin. Every time he tries to play a knock down or a half shot, with any club, he looks real awkward and he pulls a lot of them too.

Reactions: 3 users
Hoping for some first time contention nerves from spook.

I thought the course would be harder, fairways are too wide for mine. Perhaps they will have some tougher pins, lots of pins have been in bowls that make them pretty accessible.

Shuffles is 77th strokes gained putting....if he has a half decent weekend with the flat stick he wins. Think he wins anyway. Souffle made some strange comments in an intreview I heard, not sure he will handle the weekend heat. And Morikowa can have some blowouts down the stretch.

Have the events of yesterday caught up with Scheffler today?

Not a great start to his round.