Grand Final opponent | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Grand Final opponent

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I’m not normally this cocky, but this is just for fun. Let’s just assume that we’re going to be in next year’s Grand Final and that we’re going to win it (not unrealistic assumptions to be entirely honest). Who would you like the opponent to be, and why? I’m torn between the Cats for obvious reasons: Pricky, Dangerflop, they’re Geelong, they’re salty, and there’s the 10 years of total dominance. The Pies, they are Collingwood, it is in my DNA to hate them. The EGirls, they have become the second biggest bunch of moaners second only to the Cats.

Reactions: 1 user

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Geelong.
What them to completely implode and also see Scott's head explode when they lose to us.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
I’m not normally this cocky, but this is just for fun. Let’s just assume that we’re going to be in next year’s Grand Final and that we’re going to win it (not unrealistic assumptions to be entirely honest). Who would you like the opponent to be, and why? I’m torn between the Cats for obvious reasons: Pricky, Dangerflop, they’re Geelong, they’re salty, and there’s the 10 years of total dominance. The Pies, they are Collingwood, it is in my DNA to hate them. The EGirls, they have become the second biggest bunch of moaners second only to the Cats.

Well there goes the HUMBLE ;)out of the clubs motto of 'Humble & Hungry'

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Figgy's Chokers or Pricky's Salties.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
I am not too fussed who we beat in the 2020 Grand Final but i would like us to beat a resurgent Melbourne in the 2021 Grand Final (sorry caesar)

• Angry

casper68

Tiger Champion
Oct 20, 2004
dromana
Collingwood would be my pick.
I hope Dangerfield never gets the opportunity to even play in a Grand Final.

Reactions: 4 users

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Collingwood would be my pick.
I hope Dangerfield never gets the opportunity to even play in a Grand Final.
LOL. like that. I would want Geel to make it but want Diverfield out on a self inflicked ankle injury after taking another free kick staged dive that deva

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I'd love to do to the Pies what we did to GWS this year. On the way we hammer the Cats in a Qualifying.

glenn downing

Tiger Cub
Jun 2, 2014
Geelong for me. Unfortunately I am still a bit traumatized by the experiences of the Gary Ablett senior days and by that 156 point humiliation by Geelong at Docklands stadium in 2007. That win gave Geelong the confidence and momentum to go on to win the premiership that year.

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012
I can't see Geelong improving enough to make the GF next year. They're a side on the decline.

I'll throw up a bit of a smokey and say the Bulldogs

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Geelong for me. Unfortunately I am still a bit traumatized by the experiences of the Gary Ablett senior days and by that 156 point humiliation by Geelong at Docklands stadium in 2007. That win gave Geelong the confidence and momentum to go on to win the premiership that year.

I wasn't too unhappy they finally won one that year.

But, that hiding at Chernobyl was too much, I think we left early in the last quarter, something I rarely do. It was awful, not great for encouraging my daughter to support Richmond. Luckily she stuck it out although had to wait until her 20s to see a flag.

I won't be thinking about GF opponents until we are in it, bad karma and all.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Geelong to slide. But home game advantage might keep them in the 8.

Like to see West Coke stink it up.

Collingwood for me.
15 goal win to us

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Carlton. Revenge for 82. Pickett to follow Maurice as former South Freo Tigers to win a Normie against the Blues.

And this time it's Carlton facing a player exodus and rattling tins within a few years.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
West Coast are the other top team of the comp. I would love to play and beat the best.

Don't want Collingwood, Geelong, Essendon, Carlton, North any where near playing in any grand final

Tigerden

Tiger Cub
Jul 27, 2004
Weagles for me............what would our starting 22 be for this game, who would have picked Pickett, Bolton and Baker at the start of 2018?? wonder what changes we will see in the next 12 months?

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
West C and Lollingwood the only dangers to back to back. Much will depend on who has the least injuries to key players leading into September

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Don't care, I'm happy for the club to make another Granny n then thump the suitcase out of whoever is foolish enough to stand in our way to back to back.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users