(Grand Final), to attend or not attend, that is the question. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

(Grand Final), to attend or not attend, that is the question.

An MCG grand final without crowds, Or Subiaco with crowds?

• Quiet MCG

Votes: 25 65.8%
  • Rowdy Subiaco

Votes: 13 34.2%

• Total voters

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I reckon this is a tough, possibly not hypothetical, question.

If I have to answer right now, I answer Subiaco.

I'd drive across the desert and forgo the home ground advantage to be there

Obviously, we'd need some detail to make an informed vote (i.e. would Twiggy Forest get 20,000 seats for a Subiaco gf, would interstate supporters be allowed? etc etc)

but assuming your choosing between poles (empty or full G; theres no chance you can attend/a slim chance you can attend), how do you choose?

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
I think Subiaco has been demolished now but Perth Stadium would be ok. ;)

I think if you can get a crowd in you play the game there.

im not good with change BR.

I still tune in to Footscray playing South Melbourne on the wireless

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
My argument has always been that we use the MCG because it is the only ground which can handle such a large crowd.

Empty MCG or full Subiaco is a no brainer: full Subiaco easily (by the way, happy to have Subiaco rebuilt for the purpose, as a small child I lived in Perth and Subi was my team - we want our ground back :mad: ).

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Presumably the MCC would be happy to not enforce the contract that would usually mean the GF had to be played at the 'G?

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
It looks like Victoria will be the last state to get back to business so all of our home games will have to be in the late rounds. Just in time to play finals at the MCG again.

Quick, somebody find Alanis Morrissette. That would be ironic.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I'd support a Perth GF is if it was WCE v Collingwood :))

To be honest this stuff is all a bit premature for mine.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I'd support a Perth GF is if it was WCE v Collingwood :))

To be honest this stuff is all a bit premature for mine.

yeah, will believe it when I see it.... but I guess there's not much else to talk about footy-wise.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Knowing those knuckleheads they would beat WC
That’s a very real possibility, they don’t play badly there, not that they go there very often. Whinge and *smile* about us not leaving home, it’s always been the Pies that get favoured by the draw. Have they ever played in Tasmania? When was the last time they played the Cats at Sleepy Hollow?

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Take 3 days to drive over to watch the Tiges win another GF. Flights will be about $2500 or $3000 return. Plus some 40+% loading on tickets alone ++ .
Nah Stuff 'em. Empty MCG for me, let the saltiness continue :D:mhihi:rotfl1

Reactions: 1 user

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
It looks like Victoria will be the last state to get back to business so all of our home games will have to be in the late rounds. Just in time to play finals at the MCG again.

Wonder what Cornes would have to say about that

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

11 home games at the G before finals would be nice

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Im very happy to play the GF in Perth, but I can’t be arsed with the whole “let’s play all GF’s at a different venue” argument that will flow on from playing this grand final elsewhere as a once off.