Great Games | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Great Games

It's AAAALLLLL OOOVVEEERRRR !!!!!
Sep 2, 2003
Ascot Vale
Yes it's on again, 1995 2nd SF Richmond vs Essendon 12.30pm this Friday (Foxtel). Tell me it's not a annual thing to watch on your calendar. :) :( bit sad.
"they've done it the tiges".

It's AAAALLLLL OOOVVEEERRRR !!!!!
Sep 2, 2003
Ascot Vale
it was until the color began to fade, didn't know who was Richmond and Essendon, wear and tear l say it was.

tigerjoe

EAT 'EM ALIVE TIGERS!
Aug 24, 2003
Melbourne
Isn't it sad 22 that we have to go back as far as 1995?

Bring Back Scotty Turner and the hip and shoulder!

In 2001 we really did not set the world on fire except maybe for round 22 against the same side.
(alot of people said that sheedy lay down for that game so they could play us the following week and belt us, and didn't they)

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Thank God for videos & DVDs. My memory of watching good Richmond teams is fading fast.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Time to upgrade to DVD so all the re runs don't detract from the picture quality.

If we don't do something soon this is all we'll have.....memories.

I remember Rex saying at Half time in his MCG that you shouldn't write the Tigers off. We were 30 points down and I remember thinking that Rex has truly lost his marbles.

Future Tiger Champ

Tiger Cub
Jul 17, 2003
gustiger12 said:
Time to upgrade to DVD so all the re runs don't detract from the picture quality.

I got the 1995 semi on DVD, brought it a couple of months ago, the game will always live in my household, wont let anyone forget!!!

mongrel_punt

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Mar 4, 2003
Hawthorn
95 lives with me too, and it was amazing how by the end of 94, anyone who followed Richmond new that the following year was going to be a biggy.

the Essendon draw of 95 was an a ripper - though we deserved to win.

Anyway a great game for me was rd 22 1997 against the Blues. Great, tough comeback. Should have made the finals - though Walls was a tool and stuffed it.

WJP

Tiger Rookie
Jul 28, 2003
VIC
I decided that i would tape every game when foxtel got the rights in 02 thinking after 01 that we would make a good run of it needles to say most of them have now been taped over :( :(

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Same here WJP. I like to tape the games through the year and watch them again in summer.

Haven't had much to watch the last couple of years. Not many wins, and those we did win don't really inspire me to want to see again.

I look forward to seeing this years wins over the Bummers, Dockers and Hawks again in a couple of months.

The '95 Essendon final is annual viewing for me too.
How sad that the game most seem to rate as our best modern era game is now 8 years old.

Bring on next year and some good footy again.

Go Tiges.