Opposition Player you hate the most and why? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition Player you hate the most and why?

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
Camporale - Carlton.

1) Always whinging to the umpires.

2) Didn't like the treatment he gave Zantuck this year.

3) Just because he plays for Carlton.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
ALL of the "good ordinary" footballers who have two good games a year....... against US :(

The list is too long....

Although I am sure it wont be long until they are exposed on here!

A

admin

Nathan Buckley, I can't stand his smug sneer and over inflated sense of self importance. (Admittedly I don't know him and he's probably nothing like I imagine)

Not keen on Hird or Carey either, and I hate the way Lloyd always sooks to the umpires.

Three of my least liked players were Bewick, Moorcroft andf Hardwick....I guess I must have something against red headed Bummers, ha.

Shhhh.....don't tell him this, but I had a strong dislike for Stewart Loewe too.  Of course I think he's wonderful now, and at least he won't have Molly hanging off his back all the time now he's at Tigerland. ;D

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Ben Graham - For just being a big sook. The perfect choice for geelong captain ;D.

Buckley - for the same reason as rosy as well as seeing him live play only about 3 decent games in 9 years against us. Duncan's overrated bunny ;).

Lloyd - takes forever to take his kick for goal while the full back gets about 7 seconds and his diving for free kicks :mad:.

Nearly all Hawthorn players - for loving themselves.

froars

"Famous last words - I'll be good"
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
James Hird - that arrogance, that supercilious look - the way the cameras pan to his ugly jug head every 5 minutes - usually sitting on the bench - the fact he plays for Essendon - the fact he is good lol - and the other fact that he knows it. But he ain't the best I've seen - but annoyed that he is rated as high as he is.

Oh and any player who's played for Carlton.

KittKatt

Tiger Cub
Dec 19, 2002
I agree totally with Rosy & Mightytiges....Nathan Buckley!!!!
As soon as I saw this topic, I thought it is Nathan!
He is so arrogant, his behaviour on Grand final day... when he threw off the Norm Smith medal..that was disgraceful, he is over-rated, he is a selfish player - more interested in his own stats than the team results and to top it off he is ugly!
Phew....that feels better getting that off my chest!

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Same as everyone else
Hird - Everything he does sh!ts me
Lloyd - Somebody do us all a favour and knock this guy out, throws grass in the air all the freakin time
Buckley - That smug arrogant up himself little prick. Hope you cried for months
Geez I better stop before I hit something or someone.

A

admin

If the AFL wanted to make up to us for the salary cap stuff up, and offered us a choice of Carey, Hird, Buckly and Lloyd for free who would everyone take?

I can't see a place in our team for any actually.

I was glad we didn't get Carey. I admire his leadership and his ability to win a game, but I think that was developed with a certain group of players and wouldn't work at Richmond. Injury prone and past his best. (Hopefully ;D)

Hird could be valuable if he wasn't so injury prone now. I don't think we need him in our forward structure.

I can't see anything Buckley would add to our team at all, but maybe that's because I haven't really seen him play many good games against us. He gets votes sometimes and that annoys me. 15 posessions out wide that don't benefit the team isn't worth votes imo. Wouldn't want him if we were paid to take him, ha.

If we had to take one of the above 4, I would vote for Lloyd. I like his leading, and he is a very reliable kick.
Still now we have our new midfield it might be more worthwhile for our own forwards to lead now too, knowing there is a chance they'll have it delivered to their advantage.

Am I suffering from tall poppy syndrome? I think I'd rather back the guys we already have.
Go Tiges.

R

Richos_gal

I used to really dislike Hird, but after I read his book I actually changed my mind. I don't think that he's arrogant anymore, just confident. And most of his "arrogant" quotes are just mind games to give his players a lift. Maybe Campbell should try some.

One player i really can't stand tho is bloody Carey. He's a sleaze, a fake, a pig, a coward, a sook, and a wanker. Other than that a great guy. :)

R

Richos_gal

Forgot to add Roly Poly Rioli to the list.
How an elite sportsman who trains so often can have bosoms is beyond me.

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
Carey would have to be high on my list however this heavly influenced by his offield incidents, and i dont just mean the Stevens affair. As footballer i admired his talent and ability.

Gavin Wanganeen ....sooky sooky la la drama queen.

Mark johnson.

Although no longer playing diesel williams is the player i loved to hate the most.

swissboy

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 6, 2003
[iSorry that I disagree with you MrsD about Greg Stafford he will be the key player for our success in 2003. Perfect foil for Richo he can Ruck and Kick goals he proved when he was fully fit at the end of the season.

A

admin

Hiya swissboy, welcome to the site.
I think almost everyone here bar MrsD would agree with your views of Greg, but not think her opinion was worth commenting on, ha.
MrsD is put out cos we lost Daffy in the Stafford deal.
I know who I think got the better of that deal.
Go Staff.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Wayne Carey - for his arrogance and for what he did to his wife and his best mate.

Matthew Lloyd - another arrogant jerk - hope he treats Lisa better than Carey treated Sally

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
James Hird - because I have never forgiven him for his arrogant attitude way back in 1995 when the Tigers were about to play the Bombers and on the footy show when asked about the game Jimmy said that he thought Essendon would win easy because we were playing above ourselves and had done so for the entire season. We ended up drawing that game (Maxfield I believe put is front in the dying minutes despite his broken jaw).

And Mrs D - I cannot disagree with you more strongly. Greg Stafford will be a very good player for the Tigers. As Swissboy said he will take alot of pressure off Richo and Ottens.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
MrsD, are you the freak that ran onto the ground after the Hawthorn match ??? ??? Judging by your bitter serve to Staff, you are her or her mother :D :D

My most disliked was Wayne Carey and kind of still is for his pesistent whinging and he superb effort from "on the couch" on FOX Footy when talking about how Kelly followed him into the lav and that it wasn't his fault - what a complete and utter wanker with absolutley no grip on reality.

Most Hawthorn players - pumped up pretty boys all of them

When they were around;
Michael Long - overrated. Deserved months after what he did to the Simmonds in the 2000 GF
John Barnes - the only bogan to be pettrified on the footy field. Johnny Howat did us all a favour. If head ducking was a stat he would have had 200 a year.

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
The Question was, which opposition Player do you hate the most and why? Not which Richmond player do you hate the most!

Lets have a positive year with lots of encouragement for once.

Tassie27

Come and give me a kiss!!
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Mrs D. How on earth can you call Michael Voss a loser?? If anything he is the antithesis of the word "loser". Two premierships and a brownlow and he should have won the Norm Smith last year. Love to have him at Richmond.

As for Stafford, I hope he kicks some serious butt this year!! Go Staff.