Greetings all from antman - tiger in Balaclava | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Greetings all from antman - tiger in Balaclava

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Greetings PREnders!

I have been reading PRE for about 3 months now and thought it must be time to make my introductory post! I found out about PRE from the Tiger Talk yahoo group which I have been a member of for about 5 years.

I was born in Melbourne in 1967 (good year ) but I started following Richmond in 1981 after my family moved back from Perth to Melbourne - my family was not into football much but once I started going to high school in Melbourne (Eltham) I needed a team - my new best friend at the time was a mad Tigers supporter so pretty soon I had been to a few games at the MCG and got the taste for it. I had the obligatory duffle coat with the number 22 on the back (points to those who can remember the player).

I went to most home games in 1981 and 82, and also went to the Prelim (Qualifying?) final at VFL Park in 1982 where we towelled up Caaaaarlton. I also got standing room tickets with my mate to the Grand Final - a sad day as it turned out but I still remember it well - the overcast day, the streaker, Jimmy Jess being moved to the forward line, Maurice Rioli winning the Norm Smith...

After 1983 I moved up north to NSW but still followed the tigers from a distance. I lived in Sydney for about ten years and then Brisbane for four. I saw us beat Brisbane at the Gabba in 2001? and also then lose to them in the Prelim where they gave us a thrashing.

Moved back to melbourne two years ago and generally get to about half the home games... this year I have been lucky and have seen us give hidings to both Freo and Carlton. I will be at the Collingwood game on Sunday.

I am proud to report I have an eight year old daughter who is now a mad tiger fan and comes with me to most games - needless to say she thinks Richo is the best.

looking forward to more postings.

anto

Hiya ant....welcome to PRE. :)

Tiger in balaclava sounds like this is a stick up. ;D

Glad you decided to join us and look forward to your contributions on the message board.

P.S. Your daughter has good taste. :clap

Yes it does... of course I meant Balaclava the small suburb near St Kilda... but you already knew that!

I have never done an armed robbery - honest!!! But I might consider changing my nickname to "Tiger in Balaclava".

rosy23 said:
Hiya ant....welcome to PRE. :)

Tiger in balaclava sounds like this is a stick up. ;D