Greg Miller on Sport927 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Greg Miller on Sport927

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
I don't know how many peole heard it but Greg Miller was on the Breakfast show this morning on Sport927. He was actually in the studio and took quite a number of calls.

Some of the things he spoke about:

Depsite the preception the Club has not spent alot of money on players over the last few years - he actually described the Clubs approach as "conservative".

He had spoken to the leadership group about "paycuts" and the feedback had been extremely positive. He said that the players needed to understand that if they want to be a successful side they had to be prepared to sacrifice so the Club could attract quality players.

He has spoken to players coming out of contract - regarding new contracts and the "paycuts" strategy and their feedback he said had been "excellent"

Explained the reason why Marty didn't speak to the media on Saturday. One of the reasons is the fact that this week they are in Perth and they are expecting his family to greet him at the airport and they want to keep things low key for the kid.

One caller did ask how long is CLub going to have Danny as coach - he has been there 4 years for little result (could it have been PRE Ender?). Again Greg said that Danny would coach next year and for the first time in his coaching career his getting total support from the Club with the structures that have been implemented over the last 12 months.

He also said that along with Frawley all other assistant coaches are contracted to 2004 and will all be there next year also.

The Boss - thanks I forgot that bit.

And also, he doesn't see many RFC games - he is usually off watching prospects. Both he Dave Wheadon have joined Beck in the recruiting game

Maybe he'll help us find another Wayne Carey......

Did he say anything about Joel Bowden and his attitude to lack of passion he shows on the ground?

BalmyArmy said:
Did he say anything about Joel Bowden and his attitude to lack of passion he shows on the ground?

Ah.. Joel....

Yes he did - he said Joel's form over the last 3-4 weeks had been disappointing and perhaps a change of luck was around the corner seeing he had a lucky break at the tribunal (lucky for Joel - unlucky for others ;))