Had to laugh....through gritted teeth | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Had to laugh....through gritted teeth

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
Very sad story!

Justice in Melbourne

A seven-year old boy was at the centre of a Melbourne courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Richmond football team, whom the boy firmly believes is not capable of beating anyone.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
A very sad story

this is doing the email rounds.......

Justice in Melbourne

A seven-year old boy was at the centre of a Melbourne courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him. The boy has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with child custody law and regulation requiring that family unity be maintained to the highest degree possible.

The boy surprised the court when he proclaimed that his aunt beat him more than his parents and he adamantly refused to live with her. When the judge then suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy cried and said that they also beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with the child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the Richmond football team, whom the boy firmly believes is not capable of beating anyone.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Re: A very sad story

RFC not KFC said:
this is doing the email rounds.......

Justice in Melbourne

Ha. That is doing the rounds here in Adelaide however replaceing Richmond with Adelaide. Funny.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004

That is a very funny story. I have sent in on to all my non Tiger mates. Have to have a sense of humour in these dark days.

mb64

Tiger Legend
Jul 26, 2004
Melbourne

taztiger4 said:
alsi did the rounds a couple of years ago with Freo
Also the Richmond team was ruled out of the Carl Williams murder because we're not capable of beating anyone.

Ocker

Pitbull Martin - Release him Dimma!
May 15, 2008

Oh that's *smile* hilarious...

It's this day and age I can't fathom how child abuse is accepted as a theme for a (poor) attempt at humour???

Sorry to sound so precious.

I think / hope we are better than this as a collective.

geoffryprettyboy

Tiger Legend
Apr 8, 2004

Ocker said:
Oh that's *smile*ing hilarious...

It's this day and age I can't fathom how child abuse is accepted as a theme for a (poor) attempt at humour???

It's only a joke, don't get your gonads in a knot. :)

No one accepts child abuse.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003

Ocker said:
Oh that's *smile*ing hilarious...

Is it okay to promote Pitbull terriors? A vicious animal bred to fight and responsible for some horrendous attacks on children.

The world has gone *smile* mad - it's a freakin joke not an endorsement for child abuse.