Hall of fame 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hall of fame 2021

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Just looked at his record, 8 B&F’s at Perth.
Those were his first 8 years at Perth! 1974-78 and 1984-86; the middle period 1979-83 was spent at Richmond (b&f 2nd/3rd/3rd 1980-82). Then a season at West Coast as a 32yo in 1987 (15th) before one last year at Perth.

Can remember his first goal crumbing off the pack in the goal square at the Lakeside Oval in 1979. Like many WA players in that era, took a year to adjust to the pace of the VFL before becoming one of the stars of a very talented Richmond team. From memory he wanted to return home at the end of 1979 but was talked into staying.

Interestingly, as runner-up to Geoff Raines in the 1980 b&f, he received a palty two Brownlow votes, meaning the top two in the premiership team's b&f received two votes between them! Not surprisingly, hasn't happened in any other year.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

5SKULL5

What stands in the way, becomes the way!
Dec 20, 2004
Melbourne
I was behind the goals at Arden St, think it was 2nd last game of the 1980 regular season, Wiley was trapped in the left forward pocket on the boundary, somehow hooked the ball over his shoulder and it went through. Old timers might remember that as a 'dead' pocket nobody including Greig, Schimma or Blight kicked them from there.

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
I was behind the goals at Arden St, think it was 2nd last game of the 1980 regular season
You would've been near me and my old man. Video of the goal posted on the Wiley thread. Magic moment, great to see it again after so long. The jubilation of suppporters after that goal has stayed with me.

Deep pockets

Arden St..jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users