"Hand Grenade" Rogers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

"Hand Grenade" Rogers

Ruthless_Richmond

hunger to win
Feb 28, 2003
The Gong
This attack on Rogers doesn't make sense - especially blaming the current coaching staff. ???

Only last year every one was complaining that we had no grunt in the midfield and a team of Mr Puniverse candidates. This was a legacy of years of poor management of the list and a poor attitude at the club.

Since Danny arrived he has developed or added players with grunt which is giving us more time to deliver and bringing Tivendale, Bowden, Houlihan etc into the game. into the game. (He has also surrounded himself with experience and people from winning cultures)

So where does Rogers fit in? Well he has a mature body and the strength to bump, shepherd and run with senior (strong) midfielders. He can play forward as a marking option, tag in the midfield or play in the backline (just). He never backs out of a contest and gives all he has.

Yes Rogers makes some mistakes, but he's the best we have for this role - the others who are available are either too soft to young or not versatile enough.

The club is finally heading in the right direction and it's obvious for all to see the develoment in our young players. I have been watching the Tiges since 1967 and if they continue with their current approach this will be the first time I have been proud of their fighting spirit in a very long time.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The tiger fans have spoken. Rogers is not the preferred option - Dunc is by a mile, then comes Newman.

Not surprised as 5 tackles says it all.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
The tiger fans have spoken. Rogers is not the preferred option - Dunc is by a mile, then comes Newman.

Not surprised as 5 tackles says it all.

So if Rogers isn't preferred as a run with option, then where does this leave him. I'll give you a hint frawely - In the forward line or Coburg.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Harry I would hardly say "the Tiger fans have spoken" you have only had 13 responses to your poll, that's not exactly a large sample size!!! And i agree, Dunc is the better tagger on certain opponents but as Dunc has not played in the first 6 rounds, that's is why Rogers has been given the opportunity! When Dunc gets himself right and shows that he is back to his best form he will no doubt take over the role from Rogers depending.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Couldn't agree with you more Harry - you seem to be the only person on here with decent knowledge when it comes to the 'grenade'!!!

Come on Spud, lift your game, and get rid of him 'coz McGrath is willing and waiting!!!

P.S. I love Newman

:p