Hands up for VFL (richmondfc.com.au) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hands up for VFL (richmondfc.com.au)

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Hands up for the VFL: Frawley
Jordan Chong
afl.com.au
6:47:05 PM Sat 14 June, 2003

Richmond Danny Frawley hopes a few of his players will be honest enough in appraising their performances in recent weeks to ask for a run with the club’s VFL side Coburg during the mid-season break.

The Tigers conceded six straight goals to Carlton during the second half on Saturday but fought back to lead by less than a kick during time-on in the final term.

But Aaron Fiora gave away a free-kick with two minutes to go that put the Blues back in front. And when the siren sounded moments later, the Tigers had suffered their fourth straight loss.

“The beauty about this game, you’ve always got next week to rectify but we’ve got two weeks to lick our wounds on this one,” Frawley said.

“We’d prefer to back up tomorrow if we could. We’ll do some hard work this week out on the track and rectify a bit of confidence out there.”

While it would be unlikely any of Saturday’s yellow-and-black 22 will back up on Sunday morning when Coburg take on Frankston, Frawley thinks there will be a few at Coburg City Oval next week to face Carlton’s VFL side the Northern Bullants.

“I’m sure they’ll be a couple of guys, hopefully I won’t have to ask them to play in the VFL, they’ll ask me.”

“I think that comes a little bit about being honest. Honest with yourself and honest where you are as a player to go back and get some form.”

Part of the team’s slump according to Frawley has been the loss of team focus, with the players making ‘dumb decisions’ in terms of delivering the ball to the best position.

“I thought a number of our players played pretty well but at times we didn’t have the courage to make the correct decision at the correct time.”

“We wanted to win the game off our own boot. Four weeks ago we were doing the team things and trying to bring our team mates into the game but today we went into our shells and thought ‘well I want to win it’.”

The loss follows on from last week against the Kangaroos, when the team led during the final term before Jason McCartney and Leigh Harding intervened at the death.

“It’s disappointing. The last two weeks with two minutes to play we’ve been in front on both occasions and to come away with no points, it’s very disappointing,”

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Be honest you dud Frawley and take the advice of Me & Diggler......................................he will be coaching hamas next season