It's hard to admit, but... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

It's hard to admit, but...

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
...when Richo limped off close to half-time, I was secretly hoping that he wouldn't be able to continue.

We just look so bad as a team when he is on the ground, it's
unforgivable. We cannot persevere with a "star" player who refuses to play team football, but who demands the ball and then uses it so badly. He will NOT protect fellow team members, he will not create space for crumbers, he leads to pockets that light won't shine on, he thinks the boundary line is his best friend. What are we doing with this guy in our "team"? Richo playes for himself and no-one else. He will not, downright refuses, to change. And to top it all off, he cannot kick. I don't care what his stats say, the man cannot kick at goal.

Maybe this is harsh, but we have looked a far better side when Richo has been watching from the stands. Why? Because we are forced to find other, more creative, better positioned and more direct avenues to goal. So let's just cut our losses, trade him, and get on with life without Richo.

Here endeth the rant.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
I said this last year and you all laughed at me.

Geelong and Bulldogs need talls, give em Richo and bloody Ray Hall as a straight swap for pick 1, 2 or 3.

I've said it before, we will never win a flag with Richo and his leading to the flanks crap. Time to get rid of this losing culture crap ie richo is a tiger through and through rubbish and make sensible business descisions made on logic and not emotion.
10 years hes had, if he cant kick 4 or 5 a week, he isnt worth jack.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I agree.

The list is in desperate need of rebuilding and Richo for a couple of first round picks would be a start.

tough decisions need to be made.

S

Skyfire

TigerFurious said:
I agree.

The list is in desperate need of rebuilding and Richo for a couple of first round picks would be a start.

tough decisions need to be made.

agree but would we even get one first rounder?

i would probably take a 2nd round pick for him at this stage

anyway whats the bet he will find good form at the end of the year and any moves to trade him will dissipate..
if he finished off the year well i think we would be too gutless to trade him , especially with heaps of supporters who still who think he can do little wrong and is the heart of the club or some rubbish..

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
if north can get 2 first round picks for a 32 yo Carey we can get at least that for Richo.

Unfortunately, you're proabably right SF, Richo we'll play a couple of good games towards the end of the year and all will be forgotten.

Richo's petulant performance should see him never captain the club again.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
TF Carey didn't come with 2 years on a fat contract that had to be taken over as well.

What is it with Richo giving Rodan sprays when we play Carlton?

I was in the rooms before the game and Richo and Rodan paired up for an excersise and were having a laugh. That spirit certianly didn't show on the ground.

I've never thought Richo deserved the captaincy at Tigerland because of his unstable temperament towards his team mates.

Now I am 100% convinced.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
If I was from an opposing team i wouldn't go near Richo with a ten foot pole. Who wants an injury prone unco-ordinated footballer who has such a big presence that everythign gets kicked to him and yet he returns one or two goals per game?

Had we tried to make a swap for him a couple years ago for Nathan Brown we would have been laughing our asses off! Instead we chose with our hearts, and kept the big doofus cos he bleeds yellow and black. Oh well, we can now all start crying yellow and black.

*smile* *smile* *smile*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Well John, Geelong did take Mitchell White and the bulldogs took Aaron James as forwards!

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
True, but what were the trade offs? Who did we get for Aaron James, and who did West Coast get for Mitchell White?

No doubt we could dish Richo off to another club, I'm just concerned whether we'd get anyone decent for him.

zacs56

Watch out, the Tigers are coming to get you!
Mar 31, 2003
Driving home trying to stay awake last night after the give away win, I was listening to MMM sumup of the match.Every thing I have read on this site for the last 12 months about our so called 2nd tier players was mention.So have they been reading our site or is it that plain to the football public about our duds ?Every one seems to know who can play and those who can't except for our team selectors and recruitment officers .No more working night shifts and going to the game after for me I will go to bed instead and dream of a win .And next year I mite save 1200 dollars or spend it at the pub it will give me just as big a head ache? :-[ :-[I think duddy is still looking for the axe If he comes on to this site we can guide him if he is that blind. ;D ;D