Has Coburg Best and Fairest been held yet? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Has Coburg Best and Fairest been held yet?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I haven't been to any Coburg games this year but was still surprised to read in yesterdays Jungle Beat that Alex Rance won the Best Player at Coburg Award on Jack Dyer night.

Considering game and coaches reports, and Tiv's result in the league B&F I would have thought he'd be odds on to win it.

If the vote count has been held at Coburg does anyone tell me the results please?

Best First Year Player: Trent Cotchin
Francis Burke Award: Chris Newman
Most Improved Player: Matthew White
Best Player at Coburg: Alex Rance

vosstiger

Tiger Rookie
May 25, 2008
South Melbourne
Hi Rosy

The Award is actually best up and coming player at Coburg which is why Rance won and not Tivva who will probably be odds on for the Coburg B&F which will be in October

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Thanks voss...seems they just worded it incorrectly in Jungle Beat then.

Congratulations to Alex...he's waiting in the wings as my next favourite player.

checkside

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2005
Australia
It hasnt been yet i think its on the 17th? or something like that.

In others news Glen Carick of coburg won the VFL reserves best and fairest award a pretty good effort considering he player a fare few senior games.

Ronby

Tiger Cub
Jun 10, 2004
Berwick, Victoria
As appearing on the Coburg website - winners of the 2008 Best & Fairest Awards

Seniors:

1st: GregTivendale

2nd: Jarrod Silvestor

3rd: Paul Shelton

Best 1st Year Player: James Keogh

Reserves:

1st: Steven Foster

2nd: Glen Carrick

3rd: Ben Clifton

Congratulations Tivva!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I couldn't fnd the details on the Coburg website last night either. Thanks Ronby.

Congratulations to Alex Rance who won the award for best RFC player who played for Coburg. I'm rapt about that because I'm really looking forward to him staking his claim in the seniors in the near future.

Congrats Tivva on an outstanding effort. A lot of other players could take a leaf out of your book in regard to giving your all no matter where you're selected to play. Good luck for the future.