Have a guess... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Have a guess...

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Try your hand at a few Tiger season stats - don't look 'em up now!

1. Leading kick-getter?

2. Top 3 possession winners?

3. Who was runner-up in the Michael Roach medal, and how many goals did he kick?

4. How many tackles laid by Mark Coughlan for season 2003?

5. How many tackles laid by Matthew Richardson for 2003?

6. Who took more marks for the season - Leon Cameron or Greg Stafford?

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
1. Leading kick-getter?
Joel Bowden

2. Top 3 possession winners?
Bowden, Johnson, COughlan

3. Who was runner-up in the Michael Roach medal, and how many goals did he kick?
Krakouer 24

4. How many tackles laid by Mark Coughlan for season 2003?

5. How many tackles laid by Matthew Richardson for 2003?

6. Who took more marks for the season - Leon Cameron or Greg Stafford?

Cameron

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
I wish I had of seen this before I read the Feral Sun today. Interesting post Dean3.

1/ Saw in paper
2/ Assume same as 1, Chaffey & Coughlan
3/ Saw in paper but would have guessed player but not total.
4/ Impressive stat this one - saw in paper
5/ Low 20's at best (1 per game and I'm probably being generous)
6/ I'd think Staff but the fact that the question has been posed makes me think it's probably Leon.

Dean3

Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Thank you one and all for your overwhelming response to my stats quiz ;D Er, here's the answers:

1. Greg Tivendale (318)
2. Coughlan (492), Bowden (481), Johnson (437)
3. Andy Krakouer (22)
4. 102 tackles
5. 11 (that's ELEVEN)
6. Staff and Cameron took 90 marks apiece.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I have successfully currupted Dean. He has embraced stats like Rosy has embraced Frawley bashing.

My work here is done.

*walks off into the sunset*

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
1. Greg Tivendale
2. Cogs, Joel no Soul, Johnson
3. Krak 22 goals
4. Approx 99
5. 3
6. Staff

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
TigerFurious said:
......like Rosy has embraced Frawley bashing.

Dem's fighting words TF. Do you have any 'support' to back such outlandish statements up? ;)

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
rosy3 said:
Dem's fighting words TF. Do you have any 'support' to back such outlandish statements up? ;)

I don't have any 'support' rosy, but I do have structure and thats been lacking in the past ;)

Dean3

Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
lol TF. You may have noticed that the 'structure' of this quiz was framed to 'support' the claim that Richo doesn't do enough team-oriented acts. 11 tackles for one season for a mobile big man is absolutely unbelievable. The stats don't lie ;D ;D

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
Is that right, 11? That really is poor. That is one obvious area that we could improve on. If the main forward isn't doing more than that to keep the ball in our forward 50, then it's no wonder teams go length of the field and rip us apart.

On that score, I would like to congratulate Krakouer for his magnificent tackling. I know Krak could get more of the ball- but I have been constantly impressed by his speed and determination to mow down opposition backmen and cause a spillage.

tassiedave

Wingman of the future!
Aug 5, 2003
I think Krak has had a top year, goes in hard, doesn't look over his shoulder, backs himself.For a bantam weight he plays like our heavyweights should.