Head Injuries vs St Kilda | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Head Injuries vs St Kilda

Tiger in a Tube

Richmond Redeemer
Sep 11, 2003
www.puntroad.com
From www.puntroad.com/content

Head injuries where the order of the day in the Richmond FC medical room following the club's abject humilation against a young and powerful Saints outfit. While star defender Darren *smile* got through the game without aggrevating his knee, at the other end of the ground, champion forward Matthew Richardson had a Brain Explosion late in the third quarter.

Richmond Club Medico Dr Phil Phelps said this morning "Yeah, look we see a fair bit of this from Richo. He gets frustrated and his brain just goes pop. If you look at the replay, you can just about pinpoint the exact moment. We have to work with the Big Fella on this, but we reckon we can patch him back together in time for round 1 versus the Pies."

Head injuries weren't restricted to the on-field brigade. Assistant Coach Wayne Brittian had to be treated for exhaustion and a burst vein in his head after screaming abuse and vindictive at the Tigers mid-fielders for most of the match. Dr Phelps said "Yeah, Wayne was shaking and mumbling for a little while after a spray a halftime. His left check was sagging a little so I diagnosed a busted anterior cerebral artery fairly sharpish. I also had to treat a few mid-fielders for burst eardrums as well, but they didn't seem to be listening anyway. They certainly didn't behave as though they were."

Doctors surguries and medical establishments through out the nation also reported a sharp increase in cranial impact injuries amoung the Tiger Faithful. Authorities report that most of the wounds were positioned on the forehead and indicated repeated blows by a blunt surface, possibly a wall.

Walster

I am Walstero the most beautiful man in the world
Aug 13, 2003
Very good TT. Might even be funny if it wasnt so close to the truth. :D

EyeOfTheTiger

I'm a llama!
Jul 16, 2003
LOL @ Brittain flying off the handle and the players not taking any notice.
There didn't appear to be a lot of respect there. Wonder if his message got through?