Hello all | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hello all

tigerlee

Tiger Champion
Sep 24, 2005
Melbourne
;D Hi all - I have been registered here for a long time - just have not really posted in that time, but read a lot of posts. I have recently moved back to Melbourne and thought I would hop back in here to be around fellow Tiger supporters and will try to avoid those that are not! They will have to expect one eyed supporters though - after all - it is a forum for Tiger supporters and to be expected.

I grew up in Geelong (still have not forgiven my parents) and some of my family still think Geelong are the best! I have news for them. I was however, able to save my mum - she is now a proud Tiger supporter (promising to disown her did the trick I think). I moved to the Gold Coast in my early years and still followed the Tigers without fail but it was a little hard as the coverage was not that great. I then moved to Canberra (I call this my stopping point on my journey to get home to Melbourne). I spent too many years there and escaped earlier this year and I am back in the best town in the world - Melbourne - home of the Richmond Tigers!

I am a 40 something female and have followed the Tigers for as long as I can remember, in fact my mum told me that I was obsessed with Tigers from birth so maybe that was it - I was born to be a Tiger supporter.

My fondest memories are from many years ago, in the late 70's and early 80's when the Tigers were a real force. Not much to get excited about in recent times - but i still live in hope and love my Tigers to death. I have been a RFC member for around 7 years (on the bench when i was interstate) and now I am back in town I plan on going to many games and even purchased a full membership this year. Didnt attend many games this year though as I was travelling a bit during this time, but next year I will.

I work in Government and have no kids but I have some cats that are black and throughout the season, they often get a yellow streak through their fur.....just so no one is confusee about who they follow.

I hope the Tigers can improve soon - its been too long now and too many excuses given. I will never ever follow another team so I have to hope they do something soon or I may never see another Tiger triumph in my lifetime.

Cheers all

Tigerlee ;)

tigerlee

Tiger Champion
Sep 24, 2005
Melbourne
tigerdave said:
Welcome tigerlee,Another long time sufferer! :)

:clap thanks tigerdave - yes, very long suffering I am afraid . I had forgotten how long it had been really until I watched out last grand final on DVD - mmmmm that was a long time ago. Time for a change. Lets hope 2008 is a better one for us all. :help

tigerlee

Tiger Champion
Sep 24, 2005
Melbourne
felix said:
welcome abourd enjoy your stay

:D thanks for the welcome felix - I am looking forward to being around other Tiger fans who understand what being a Tiger supporter means. :hihi

Disco08

Tiger Legend
Sep 23, 2003
LOL @ dieing your cats fur. That's crazy. You should fit in well here then. ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Welcome aboard tigerlee. :) Great to have some more girlpower on here. :D

tigerlee

Tiger Champion
Sep 24, 2005
Melbourne
Disco08 said:
LOL @ dieing your cats fur. That's crazy. You should fit in well here then. ;D

hi disco08 - I think I will fit in well - a little mad and passionate about the Tigers - is that all it takes? Maybe some thick skin? I have plenty of that too! Cheers! :hihi

tigerlee

Tiger Champion
Sep 24, 2005
Melbourne
rosy23 said:
Welcome aboard tigerlee. :) Great to have some more girlpower on here. :D

thanks heaps rosy23 - great to be here and to add to the female stocks. It seems like a great place to hang out and you seem to be held in very high regard. Keep up the great work - love the site!! :angel: