Hello, sorry for late intro | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hello, sorry for late intro

mk33

Tiger Champion
Jul 24, 2005
Caulfield
Hello fellow Tigers Fans

I have done a couple of posts, but thought would post an intro.
I would consider myself a true tiger supporter for the simple reason I was born the day Richmond won the 1973 premiership at 0420 in the morning and have vivid memories of Laurie Fowler putting Big Nic down (no not really).

Another reason is when I was in Scotland Aug 03 I found our family coat of arms. On my Mums  maiden name her coat of arms are the Tigers colours (our family name is Makybe Diva colours which I did not notice until late last year who by then was already one of my favourite horses I have followed since 02 Werribee Cup)

Dad been a Collingwood supported I followed them until I started school at Weerite (where Nifty Wilson farm is) where most of the kids followed them and I switched. Dad was not fussed and it bought on instant reward in a premiership in 1980, unfortunately I have no real recollections as aged only 7. I do remember crying after we lost in 1982 (and crying every year after!!)
As a kid the only Tigers matches I saw were against Collingwood and against Geelong in Geelong. I did though go to many Collingwood matches with my pa who was an avid member and even though I enjoyed going who could not sway me(he didn't really try, he just wanted the company and I was just happy to see a match).

Once I got my licence I went most weekends To Richmond matches from Weerite (near Camperdown) and since shifting to the big smoke I still continue to go every week in Melbourne bar one or two. Between 1995 - 2002 I only missed two matches in Melbourne. In 2003 I went to 3 interstate matches and one in 2005. I did miss four games each year in 03 & 04 as I was o/s and missed 2 this year.

I am now living in Caulfield almost next to the track and work in the travel industry doing wholesale holiday packages for agents and the general public. I love my job as l love to travel and would love to travel more. I love The Richmond Football Club and believe for the first time in a long time we are on the right track if we remain patient and support each other. Off field is looking better and on field promising.
My other loves apart from family and friends are horse racing, cricket, golf and Olympic games (I love that patriotic feeling you get and being 2000 Olympics is an all time highlight, especially being liveto see Cathys gold)

My favourite Tiger moments are
1995 season and semi final win over Essendon, 2001 season, been on the road to see Tigers win in Brisbane this year deep in enemy territory. Wish I had memories of 1980 & 1982 season.(I do have a copy of 80 GF).

Cheers to all, Go tigers

Thanks for the intro 33.

There are a few of us Western Districters on here. Gustiger, Cassady and nitrotiger are a few of others who come to mind. Another poster's wife's family have a farm at Weerite.

I'm a town girl but used to keep my horse at Weerite for a while.

The win this year in Brissie made it awesome to be up there for the game. It was so exciting when the siren sounded.

A late welcome to PRE. happy posting. :)