Help: Identifying an Old Badge | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Help: Identifying an Old Badge

whites tiger

"OTG"
Apr 30, 2008
G'day PREnders,

I've been long time reader of PRE but have now decided it's time I started to contribute a little.

I'll start with a request for assistance ... can anyone identify this badge?

crowey_says.jpg

I'm not 100% certain that it's an RFC badge but it is yellow and black and I assume that "Crowey" is Neville Crowe (which suggests that it's circa 1987-93). Was it related to "Save Our Skins"? What was the thumbs down being given to?

Greatly appreciate any assistance!

Cheers. WT.

Welcome to PRE whites tiger :)

I wouldn't have a clue about your badge but I'd put money on your theory that it's to do with our Nev and the SOS campaign.

What is the badge in your avatar?

nah it was Russell Crowe giving the thumbs down to room service in the US.

rosy23 said:
What is the badge in your avatar?
Cheers Rosy. It was made by Swann & Hudson of Frankston and I assume that it's circa 1960s but that's just a guess. I'd love to get my hands on one but all I've got for the mo is the pic.

The Badge is certainly from the mid 80's and my recollection is that it may have something to do with the push for Richmond to play games in Brisbane around the 86 year.
The reference to 'Crowey' is most likely when Neville was President (say 87) so it may have had to do with that.

Rhett Bartlett
rhettrospective.com

HUGE thumbs up to New York Tiger! :fing32

Thanks to NYT, I now own two items that bear the image in my avatar.

Cheers. WT.