herald sun country cup | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

herald sun country cup

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
i will be umpiring at the hsc cup this monday in albury and will be keeping an eye out for new talent , i will post next week if any players show potential.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Well done y&b.
If you can get hold of a record or 2, that has the heights, weights and ages of the players, then that would be helpful in your writeups.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
there is no record issued at this carnival so i will just describe the players of interest

sam rowe best ruckman out of the eight teams, got first hand onto the ball all day . very mobile ,at a guess would be 194 cm good spring and skills . his best play of the day was to chase down one midfielder bringing him to ground as the hand ball came out he got to his feet and chased down another onballer laid a good tackle causing a turnover both chases were about 20 meters each not a bad effort for a large ruckman . apparently he plays for the bushies in the tac so you may get a chance to observe him in melb .

simon curtis chf and chb, about 186 and 16 years old .imagine a smaller lighter version of couterfidies and you can imagine what this bloke plays like . good balance skills on both sides and penatrating kick . best play was to take posesion of the ball in the centre run to 50 and kick a long goal . looks as if he will grow a bit more . hopefully you will see him next season in the bushies .

dean turlic ( youngest player at the carnival still only 15 ) sublime skills on both left and right foot .can take a huge spekie very strong at the ball and laid some big tackles and hip and shoulders . with out a doubt the classiest 15 year old kid i have ever seen . ( i have been umpireing for 14 years now ) while he wasn't the best player at the carnival he has the classiest . i spoke to his father and found out he barraks for the tigers and had played football on saturday and sunday so his efforts today carried extra worth . i don't want to overate this young player but to find a player of this calliber who is both an inside and outside player is very rare.
he is about 178 cm and 70 kg so only time will tell if he will develop enough to play at the highest level . i have more info on him which i will try and email you phantom.

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
Sounds interesting. Info such as the local clubs that they play with is very helpful.

yandb

Tiger Champion
Mar 24, 2004
saw a good match up last week simon curtis on dean turlic ,simon curtis was awsome b.o.g and towlled dean up . seems to get better each time i see him . never gets caught and great alround skills . he played in todays game and came on at 1/4 time and played a half on ball and the last 1/4 at ff . worth going along just to watch his skills. hopefully next season he will be playing bushies so you get to see him phantom.

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
yandb said:
saw a good match up last week simon curtis on dean turlic ,simon curtis was awsome b.o.g and towlled dean up . seems to get better each time i see him . never gets caught and great alround skills . he played in todays game and came on at 1/4 time and played a half on ball and the last 1/4 at ff . worth going along just to watch his skills. hopefully next season he will be playing bushies so you get to see him phantom.

Thanks, I look forward to it.