Hi from Fudge | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Hi from Fudge

fudge

Tiger Rookie
Dec 14, 2004
G'day Tiges,

I'm Stephen, mostly known as Fudge and have been a Tiger fan for over 20 years. I started going to matches in the early eighties when after a great start to the decade, it's been mostly barren since.

I run my own footy related site at http://www.fudgemond.org/ which Rosy mentioned not too long ago and contains charts of player stats useful if you participate in any Dreamteam competitions. In fact, my site is how I got my break and I now work for Champion Data, the official statisticians for the AFL. I look after the server software and take it from me, it's quite an amazing thing really. So before you bag the numbers that come from any game, understand that we really, *really* do care about getting it right, more than you may think. Obviously, I do IT for a living, mostly Java stuff and my platform of choice is Gentoo Linux. Oh, and I'm treasurer of the mob that hosts PRE.

What do I want to see in the Tiges? Win or lose, I like to see effort. The thing I value most is chasing when we don't have the ball and presenting yourself when we do. Do those things and it makes it harder for the opposition to control the play.

My favourite player used to be Benny but now I like to see Tivendale play well. He has the sweetest left foot kick I've ever seen and it's a pity he doesn't get the ball as much as he should. This is the year he has to step up I'm afraid, so here's hoping he has a good one.

I also have a not quite three year old daughter and she's already belting out Tigerland with enough passion to make me proud. Her favourite player is Richo (who is a very close second favourite with me). I've taken her to the footy already and she loves it, so expect to see her in the crowd a bit more this year. Give us a wave if you see us ;-)

So here's to all PREs and here's hoping we have lots to cheer about rather soon.

Fudge

fudge said:
  Oh, and I'm treasurer of the mob that hosts PRE.

An extra warm welcome to PRE Fudge. :)

It's largely thanks to Fudge that the error messages and extremely slow page opening nightmares with our previous hosts are now a thing of the past.

When I tell people I'm a real computer ignoramus I'm not joking and poor Fudge has found that out first hand. ;D

It's thanks to his, and a couple of other kind people's, patience and understanding PRE works like a charm now. What a bonus that the person the hosting mob assigned to look after PRE happens to be a Tiger supporter. :clap :clap

Welcome to PRE Fudge, and thanks for trying to drag Rosebud into the 21st century technology wise :clap

PS: I absolutely love Fudge, my gran used to make the best home-made Fudge.

Fudge
Just had a lot of fun with your charts.
I love the way you can rank the points.

Well done

Do you update after each round?

I've always intended to have a player stats section on PRE as a permanant record but it would be easier and far more informative to just click on Fudges site. It's awesome.

Great to have you aboard Fudge, and thanks for dragging all of us into the 21stC.
Your site is awesome :clap

Thanks for the great feedback guys. Yep, I do update the numbers after every round, though round 1 usually takes a little bit longer as I have to shake the cobwebs out.

Fudge