If only there were three quarters.... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

If only there were three quarters....

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
1687235373507.png

Didn't realise we had dropped so many games in the last quarter.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It does tell the story on an "almost" season we,re having.

Reactions: 2 users

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Same would have been the case last year and, relevantly, if they blew the final siren at 3QT in the elimination final last year, we would have won by 5 points.

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Maybe a Pfizer sponsorship for the players might help.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

Ice

Tiger Superstar
Jul 18, 2006
the narrative that we couldnt win the close ones

however the real issue was that we were fading out in last quarters

Reactions: 1 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Very interesting stat.Shows that we are really not that far off the mark and our losses have not been by huge amounts.Reckon after the bye the Tiges will string a good number of wins to get into the finals................and with that the Cats finish ninth.

Reactions: 1 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
There was a similar phenomenon last year. I read somewhere that if games had 16 minute quarters a la 2020, Richmond would have won every game. I can’t remember exactly, maybe they would have had one or two losses but still finished first. And I can’t be bothered verifying it, either. This was the case if the season had 16 minute quarters, which it didn’t.

Not sure what it proves. They get tired easily? They don’t play every game out to the end? Anybody can make up nonsense? I guess we are on the internet so that last one is probably the explanation.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Not sure what it proves. They get tired easily? They don’t play every game out to the end? Anybody can make up nonsense? I guess we are on the internet so that last one is probably the explanation.

I prefer our goto reason, the same used to explain why our veterans don't last as long as other clubs. Our manic game takes it out of players. A couple of season of Richmond footy is about 5 seasons of #lolNorf footy.

We get tired.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Not sure what the stat is now but in 2022 we were leading in the 2nd half in every game we played.
I think we may have had 2-3 this season where we didn’t but there aren’t many.
That’s why I have personally always thought we aren’t far away.

Reactions: 1 user