Incident on Sunday... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Incident on Sunday...

For anyone that has a copy of the match on Sunday against the Hawks, or has access to a replay, have a look at this particular incident.

With 3:36 left in the 2nd quarter, the ball is bounced about 70m out from Richmond's goals on the boundary line. Nick Holland clearly bends right down while the umpire is facing the ground (bouncing the ball) and sticks his head under Stafford's arm. When the umpire looks up again, woe and behold, it looks like Staf has Holland in a headlock - 1 Free Kick for Holland. Meanwhile Staf has no idea what's going on, but on the video, it's as clear as day.

Shouldn't there be some kind of process to stamp this behaviour out?? Where does smart play for the free stop and out right cheating begin? Holland, you should be ashamed!!
TS

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
We were hard done by the umpires, there's know doubt about that.
I'm not sure if it was the last 1/4 or not, but Krakouer made a good contest at the the guy with the ball, he made contact to the guys side, and had a free kick paid against him.

cogs_is_sexy24

Tiger Rookie
Jul 12, 2003
Melbourne
the umpiring was shocking on sunday. there were some absolute rediculous decisions made. i have a tape of the game, i'll make sure i have a look at it soon.

Maskedman

Tiger Cub
Jul 21, 2003
Melbourne
I agree, the umpiring was dreadful, but fittingly (I suppose) the only person wearing number 17 (umpire Schmit - I'm not sure if the c & m belong there) on the day had the largest impact on the outcome.

There was another incident that went unnoticed & given that channel Eddie was televising the game, probably unmentioned.

The first time Spider and Staf contested a ball up, Spider wrestled Staf tot eh ground (after the ball had left the area), got up, and then whil Staf was still onthe ground, got at least 3 cheap shots in when nobody was looking.

Richos_girl_

Tiger Cub
Jun 25, 2003
talk about incidents on sunday, does anyone think we'll be hearing more about Richo's not so subtle finger??

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Seems Richo has got away with the finger incident. Did anyone see After The Game last night, featuring Richo's dummy spits of the year. Funniest thing I've seen on telly for yonks. ;D

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Missed that rosy, turned off channel 10 in disgust after collingwood won. The guy on the far left Damian Callinan who presents the tool of the week award was my drama teacher in year 7 ;D

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
rosy3 said:
Seems Richo has got away with the finger incident. Did anyone see After The Game last night, featuring Richo's dummy spits of the year. Funniest thing I've seen on telly for yonks. ;D

Your right rosy, it was SOOOO Funny. Too true as well.

mongrel_punt

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Mar 4, 2003
Hawthorn
Getting back to ump 17 - someone at the club told me he was previously involved in an incident in the social club which saw him being kicked out.

Coincedence? mmm...

sean pean

No. 6
Jul 12, 2003
Frankston
www.groovejett.com
thats appalling under any circumstances mongrel punt. especially when the final margin was 4 points.

number 17 was clearly the worst offender giving one sided hawthorn free kicks.

thats no coincidence

vladz

Take us forward!
Jul 20, 2003
Canterbury
The umpires are shocking this year, they are taking control over the game. They think they got some mighty powers and they use it to to stuff up games. Did you see the umpiring in the Collingwood vs Brisbane match? It was disgraceful. Something should be done about, I'm Talking To You Gieschen!

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Vadim Golikov said:
Did you see the umpiring in the Collingwood vs Brisbane match? It was disgraceful.

Did you see Rocca's mark and Lynch's mark that wernt paid??

I think it states in the umps contract that they have to be 90% blind.

THere was also a mark today to a power bloke (i forget who, try to take little notice of power as posible) that was paid but shouldnt of been.

Pull ya finger out geish... :mad:

vladz

Take us forward!
Jul 20, 2003
Canterbury
The maggots also have this "Flavour of The Month" thing. They find a rule and stick to it every week. Last week it was "Holding the Ball". This week it was "Running Too Long With The Ball" i saw it on friday night and on saturday afternoon and night games. It was shocking.

Tiger_clairvoyant

I'm a llama!
Aug 24, 2003
I saw that Richo reel on After the game aswell Rosy, I couldn't help but smile awkwardly as I shook my head.

TG It's interesting you mention that bit about that guy being a teacher. As the guy on the other end of the desk (Peter Hellier) was a student teacher at my high school at some stage. Do these failed teachers have such a desire to have so much time off, that they must resort to calling themselves 'entertainers' or 'artists'??

The umpiring was disgusting last week for so many reasons.

Tell me this people, who, besides Tivva, ever gets pulled up for going over the line during kick-outs??

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
I was falling asleep towards the end of the Lions/Magpies game so didn't bother to watch "After the Game" - typical. Would have love to have seen it though. Even though I'm a big Richo supporter and all, that lot on "After the Game" are quite funny with their Richo jokes etc.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Schmit (17) and Head (16) put up one of the worst displays of umpiring I have seen in ages Sunday week ago. It was appalling.

And on Saturday night, Darren Goldspink proved what I have been saying for nearly 6 years: that is, he is the worst umpire in the AFL by a mile. Every game that bloke umpires he is embroiled in controversy. He is constantly looking to have an impact, or an effect on the game by applying weak, ridiculous left of centre free kicks instead of letting the game flow all the while neglecting to pay basic and fundamental decisions that are clearly there.

It is no co-incidence that all three of these umpires did not fare well in the umpires own self awarded best and fairest for the year.