Injuries | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Injuries

P

Parker

There is a dude over at tiger talk who lives in WA who has some info on the injury situation.

Cambo 2-3
Coughlan 2-3
Fleming 1-2
Hall 1-2
Stafford should be ok..

Apparantley Coughs injured his ankle in the melb game and it flared up at Wednesday training.
So it wasn't a case of bad luck of him injuring his ankle on friday. They named and took over 3 players with doubts over them.
Also looks definite that digglers fav player will play sat night.

This guy seems to be usually on the ball so no reason to doubt this info.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Three top Tigers face fitness tests
By Nabila Ahmed (The Age)
May 26 2003

Richmond captain Wayne Campbell, ruckman Greg Stafford and midfielder Mark Coughlan are all facing fitness tests this week in the lead-up to Saturday night's encounter with Sydney at the MCG.

Campbell, who made a comeback from a calf injury on Saturday night after two weeks on the sidelines, has calf soreness. But the club yesterday said the skipper had not re-injured himself.

Campbell was forced from the field during the weekend's loss to West Coast at Subiaco with what Tigers football operations manager Greg Hutchison described as a "sensation" in the calf. He said he was confident the muscle had not been strained.

Coughlan, who damaged his ankle at training on Friday and Stafford, who hyperextended his knee in the round-eight win over Melbourne, were late withdrawals from the clash with the Eagles.

Hutchison said the pair would be assessed during the week, as would youngster Tim Fleming, who also hurt his calf during Saturday night's game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some great news! I'd rather Cambo miss a week and be fully right than be rushed back prematurely. Hope Coughs, Stafford and Fleming also come up.

GO THE TIGES! ALL IS NOT LOST!

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Unlucky Campbell out again
26 May 2003 Herald Sun
By SHANNON McRAE and GEOFF POULTER

RICHMOND captain Wayne Campbell is expected to miss at least one match with a calf problem.

Campbell was returning from injury when he suffered a fresh setback against West Coast on Saturday.

"It will be one, it might be two," Richmond doctor Chris Bradshaw said last night.

The Tigers expect Greg Stafford and Mark Coughlan - both late withdrawals - to recover for this Saturday's MCG clash with Sydney.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Some conflicting reports here. But sure sounds positive for Coughlan and Stafford.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
The Boss was out of town last week and could not access this site. Below is an injury update on a couple of players:

Cambo - definately out this week and may also miss the following week.
Cogs - still worried about his ankle. Test later this week, 50 - 50 chance of playing at this stage.
Staff - Will hopefully come up, test later in the week. Did very little training last week.
Hall - May be a chance this week, missed 3 weeks with a groin, will he come straight in to the seniors or thru Coburg?

But the biggest news, and wait for it Rosy, DUNC is a big chance of playing his first game this week. Got thru the Coburg reserves game ok, Holland did not play.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
The Boss said:
But the biggest news, and wait for it Rosy, DUNC is a big chance of playing his first game this week.

TheBoss you are a breath of fresh air, ha. :)

P

PuntRoadRoar

i also like that news aswell

I have missed the Duncster !!!!!!!!