Is there any good news? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Is there any good news?

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Was away for the long weekend and because Sydney don't show the AFL live, caught the scores on the late news and didn't have the heart to watch the delayed telecast. Come home today and this messageboard is full of such negativity. Ok so we lost. Ok so Gas is out for the rest of the season - as much as that tears us apart. So Rodan stuffed up. So everyone bombed the ball to Richo imposing terrific pressure on him. But surely there must have been some good thing that happened. Did Ottens play ok? At least we are still higher on the ladder than the Pies and the Bummers - that must count for something. The Saints beat the Lions - at least we can beat the Saints. Michael Voss might be out for the clash against the Tigers - good news for us if he is. How about a little less of the moan and groan and the "what ifs" from the past and a bit more of looking forward to a brighter future. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Otto did well for his first game back. Better than expected. Our backline continues to save our backsides in Gas :(, AK, Chaffey and youngsters Newman and Zantuck. Tivs is playing his best footy. Stafford is the second best ruckman in the comp. Richo is running and continually presenting himself. Joel is doing alright (has cut down on the lazy disposals). Krakouer keeps chiming in with goals. Rodan and Fiora were better this week. Cogs and Johnson are still good midfielders but we won't win too many games when it's left up to 2-3 players (carrying injuries as well) in the middle to carry the load. Need Cambo back at least to help them out. The good news is those that are playing have played consistently well all year. Problem is they are working and need to work their backsides off to cover the passengers who continually let us down with lack of effort and/or poor disposal and decision making.

julzqld said:
At least we are still higher on the ladder than the Pies
Not any more although we are only a game off 4th spot even though we are 9th :p.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Julzqld, if they loose next week to Cartton, you will be sharpening knives too ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
julzqld said:
How about a little less of the moan and groan and the "what ifs" from the past and a bit more of looking forward to a brighter future.

I always try and find the positives Julz but I disagree here in a way. Some people thrive on Richmond's misfortune and are in their element posting at the moment but there are others just stating facts.

Gas out for the season, Fiora and Johnno injured, geez if we lose a couple more we'll struggle to field a team.
Injuries are hitting hard, the cupboard is bare, the team plan looks non existant, team mates aren't backing each other up.

The team is stuck with some players by default due to no replacements available for them. They aren't putting in at all.

I still believe we will win the premiership. If it doesn't happen I've lost nothing. I hope the club plays every game expecting to win too.

Otto did play ok and got through his comeback well, as was posted elsewhere and that is a massive plus for us.

We've heard in the last 2 weeks that O'Loughlin and Saddington were late withdrawals....loss.

We heard Burton and Rocca were out......loss.

So as for Voss out, I'm disappointed in a way and don't see that as a positive either really. If we win we win, but if we lose I'd still enjoy watching him play. I admire him immensely.

I'd like to say the only way from here is up, but sadly after last season we all know too well that mightn't necessarily be the case.

Go Tiges.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Well is it any wonder that our membership is down. Poor performance aside - all the negativity is enough to turn anyone off. Doesn't St. Kilda have a greater membership than us at the moment? And a good majority of them wouldn't have been born when they won their one and only premiership.

All I'm saying is instead of rehashing how bad Spud is a coach etc and try and find some positives to focus on. Why go on and on about something none of us here can fix?

As for the knives, Diggler you are beginning to sound like a Demon's supporter!

I'm not happy that we've lost three in a row, Gas is out and we've got more injuries but I don't go on ad nauseam about how bad things are. We are all aware of how things are at the moment - why drag it up every thread?

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
OK Julz. I rate Frawley, i actualyl think he is good for us. Gives 100%, shows the emotion i love to see from him adn i dont think he is as tactically bad as others think. I was disappointed Friday night but we really didnt play that bad. most people here at work hwo are Port supporters reckon we played the bettter footy and if it wasnt for them playing for McCatrrtney we would have pummelled them.
We still ahve good players, injuries hurt as per always but some of our opponents in the next few weeks are badly hit too.

We will make the finals, after that is anyones guess. I'd stil lsay we are a year or two off a premiership but we have shown earlier in the year what we are capable of and i am backing the boys to at least get somewherein the finals this year. We really didnt play that bad Friday night despite losing.