Will Dragicevic come in this week? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Will Dragicevic come in this week?

OMH

Tiger Cub
Jan 4, 2003
...he was in the best players for Coburg who were thrased by Port. D.K was in the best as well as Petticoat. Pity *smile* or McGrath didn't have a good game. Disappointing that Coburg's 2 best players were non Richmond listed guys.

Coburg Tigers 2 . 2 4 . 2 7 . 5 7 . 7 . 49

Port Melbourne 3 . 3 7 . 7 12 . 8 16 . 12 . 108

Coburg Tigers - Goals: Flaherty 2, D.Kellaway, Moore, Pettifer, Biddiscombe, Vardy.
Best: Carlson, Hart, Dragicevic, Steinfort, Pettifer, D.Kellaway.
Port Melbourne - Goals: J.Clayton 3, Bourke 3, Alleway 2, McMahon 2, D.Motlop 2, Burch, Firrito, McIntosh, S.Motlop.
Best: Crowe, Smith, Firrito, Rose, Cotchett, S.Motlop.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
IMO Dragg is as likely to play in the ones this week as D Gaspar is ::)
Ins and outs for next week

OUT Gaspar
IN Vardy

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
As much as I'd like to see Draga back in the seniors, i dont think he is quite ready.

He is still doing very little training between games, and hence carrying a few extra kilos.

He worked his way into the game after half time on the weekend, and his skills look to still be there, just needs to be able to run out the game and he'd be a good chance to get selected.

Probably a month away

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I doubt Dragga would come in if he's not able to train properly yet.

Danny said up to 5 changes. I wonder if he'll swing the axe, or if it was just be embarrassing words like last season.

The options are limited.

Gas out.

Fiora and Johnson questionable.

Would be selected if fit. Dunc, Campbo, Dutchy.

It doesn't leave a lot of option for change.

I'd hope Vardy comes in to replace Gas.

I've spoken to a couple of people who were at the Coburg game and they thought Pettifer was very ordinary. I'd hate to see him selected by default. Anyone in the team can get the few touches he does each week. Would prefer him to really have to toe the line for Coburg before he gets back in.

McGrath must be a headache for the club from what I've been told. Lacks off field disclipine bigtime, and I wouldn't expect him in the seniors in the near future or possible ever if he doesn't lift his act.

Not sure about Schulz. They have said they won't play him, but I somehow expect his name to bob up one of these Thursday nights.

There's really not a lot of scope there, so it will be interesting to see how Danny backs up his statement.

OMH

Tiger Cub
Jan 4, 2003
Tigerdog said:
IMO Dragg is as likely to play in the ones this week as D Gaspar is ::)
Ins and outs for next week

OUT Gaspar
IN Vardy
Not exactly 5 changes there Dog. What others do you see?

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
I'd like to see Vardy come in too, he deserves a chance and IMO was unlucky to be dropped

Schulz should also come in, Holland should come back after the bye

From what i saw at Coburg, i think Dunc really needs another week or two to get some fitness

Mills and Nicholls are injured again

Promote Kelvin Moore too, I really like the look of him, what do others think of Moore??

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
OMH
Not exactly 5 changes there Dog. What others do you see?
Yeah I am just sceptical when I hear Danny say things like 'wholesale changes'.
IMO leave Holland until after the break as DF said, also Campbell unless he is FULLY FIT!!
Other than that I'd bring in Schulz and Marty(but if he didn't play for Coburg on the weekend and was smoking cigarettes in the crowd then he is highly unlikely to come into the side) and Moore possibly Hyde because he will probably be delisted at the end of the year anyway. And if Dunc is fit bring him in....
and out Hall King Hilton and possibly a few others but I guess that would depend on expected match-ups however I wouldn't think the selection comittee would dream of taking a chance with a young bloke over an experienced older bloke that is fit but out of form(Cameron). It just won't happen IMHO.... but I'd love to be wrong.

DF
Promote Kelvin Moore too, I really like the look of him, what do others think of Moore??
Haven't seen him myself but by all reports he has got some talent and can find the footy. So give him a go.
He may even kick 2 or 3 in his first game and slip under the guard of a few. But it won't happen let's be realists Marty can't get a game or Jay and they are on the list!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
TigerFurious said:
OMH said:
Pity *smile* or McGrath didn't have a good game.

Good form has never been a pre-requisite for playing in the seniors at Richmond.

Thats so true TF - Rogers has got away with it for 10 years.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Dragacevic is a classic example of not making the hard decisions....we all know how unlucky he has been but was clearly finished after his secong reco and should have been cut........the amount of youth they have available is a joke because of hacks like him still on the list

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Here here Laffs. Another prime example of the richmond football club extending contracts to someone who has no right to be playing AFL. He was never any good before the recos.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
diggler said:
Here here Laffs. Another prime example of the richmond football club extending contracts to someone who has no right to be playing AFL. He was never any good before the recos.
once again you have shown us why your a tool.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I have no problem with Dragga being given a contract for this year but if he can't get up and play senior footy I would find it really hard to justify another season. We already have too many passengers and the club have to make tough decisions especially with injury plagued players who have no chance of being selected.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Thats right Diggler, as you would say he should be capuanoed now as an example to others whats the point having him on the list and I tend to agree he was a dud before the injurys another light body who was brushed aside