It runs deep | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

It runs deep

Walster

I am Walstero the most beautiful man in the world
Aug 13, 2003
It runs deeper than just the players and the coaching staff. The whole Richmond ethos is being eroded. Being absolutely ruthless in the desire to succeed and not accepting second best seem to be things of the past. The statement after the StKilda game of being on the right track and then the pathetic attempt at backpeddling would make an old tiger cry. Only one thing should of been said and that is, it is UNACCEPTABLE and heads will roll. But wait the media will see this as "Richmond are self destructing again" and we must be seen as stable. Well I for one used to like us "self destructing" because at least you knew the club was doing everything possible to succeed again. The media says that nobody wants to go to Richmond as they knew they would be sacked in a couple of years. The type of person we want to attract are the people that arent afraid of this and have absolute confidence in their own ability and the capability of getting it out of others. Gone are the days of "us against the world" and stuff what anyone else thinks. We will pander to the media, gain stability and accept sustained mediocrity.
Note: I saw Ben Holland walking off the ground yesterday having a laugh. Well Benny boy if I had my say your locker would be cleaned out now. I was appalled and hope you never pull on the great jumper ever again.

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Couldn't agree with you more, Walster. We are now a laughing stock in the footy world and gain the respect of no-one! Gone are the days when "hard-at-it" was the work ethic and, even if you beat the Tiges, by golly you knew you had been playing!
Back in the 1970s, most teams were liable to lose the following week after playing Richmond...now they pencil in a tick on the calendar when they see they are drawn against us!

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Top post Walster, especially about *smile* Truck Holland. But why wouldn't he be laughing? He's fooled all the imbeciles at RFC into believing he's a great player after half a good season. He's got his pockets lined and doesn't have to do a thing to earn his keep. He gets towelled up every week by good players (Tredrea) and crap players (Ben Graham) alike. He occasionally throws in a good game, but always against crap opposition like Footscray. Yeah well done *smile* Truck. You've fooled them all and now you're pissing yourself laughing. All the way to the bank!

Holland and Bowden should be the 1st two on the trade bait list.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Ridley. I totally disagree with you. Splud, Crutchy and co. have all told us that Stegosaurus is one of the best big men in the league. Rememember they were telling us how much of an impact he'd make when he returned ? Surely you can appreciate the lift he's provided ?

C'mon Ridley. Have some faith. Stego is a very good player. He will be our CHB for many more years to come and with Dudcan, Fiona and Sub-par alongside him next year, we'll have one of the best, most skilled and quickest backlines in the league.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Good post Walster - as ong as I can remember a RFC coach has never said "This is not good enough!" after a loss.............basic truth is we accept mediocrity and we have people such as spud in senior positions who are familiar with it.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
I just hope that everyone at the club read the plethora of media coverage this morning.

Not even a semi respectable 20 point loss could stop them openly laughing at us.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
gustiger12 said:
I just hope that everyone at the club read the plethora of media coverage this morning.

Not even a semi respectable 20 point loss could stop them openly laughing at us.

I read some of it GT. To say it was distressing is an understatement.

What has happened to our footy Club? Where did the spirit go?

I try to be positive, but those reports just drove home how sad things are.

I know our Club has a future, but right now, apart from a few exceptions, there just seems to be no spirit or fight about the team at all. And that's as demoralising as any loss could ever be.

Hard decisions need to be made at the end of this season. I hope the Club doesn't think all the changes need to come from just the playing list either.

We need people who know how to develop and get the best out of players. There's no doubt about that.