It's all about hard ball gets!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

It's all about hard ball gets!!!

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Hi all,
The most impressive thing about the tigers game so far this year would have to be the ammount of "hard ball gets" we are producing. With Cogs, Cambo and Johnson leading the way, I'm pretty sure we have had more hard ball gets than every team we have beaten this year.

And one other statistic that is linked to this is our increase in uncontested possesions. Because our midfielders are getting the ball more often, our other guys tend to hang off the play a bit in open space waiting for the expected ball. This was very noticeable in the St Kilda Game and in the second half of the Hawthorn game.

If we keep winning the hard ball gets, I have no doubt that we will be singing our club song at the end of many more games this year! Go Tigers!! and Look out Port!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Hiya tiga, welcome to P.R.E. :)

I reckon Campbo has been harder at it than I've ever noticed before, and looks to be benefitting by the developement and addition of people around him.
The hardness of the guys you mention frees up players who've been held back by tags in previous years.
Campbo, Joel, Tivva etc.
We seem to have plenty willing to get in and do the hard things now.
It's great, because the opposition can try and cover one or two of them, but we still have plenty of other options.
A luxury not seen at Tigerland for a long while.
Eat Em Alive.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Hi Rosy3,

Thanks for the warm welcome. I have been looking around for a while for a well setup Tiger forum and I have finally found it! Lots of well informed, passionate tiger fans here for sure!

I look forward to contributing many more posts.

If anyone is interested, check out my true story on the day sheeds came to my school in "blast from the past"

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
tiga said:
Lots of well informed, passionate tiger fans here for sure!

I look forward to contributing many more posts.

There are a few more passionate people who've gone AWOL at the moment.
You'll probably meet them in all their fury after a loss, ha. :rollin

Keep the winning streak going Tiges.

TigerFury

Eloquent Feral
Dec 19, 2002
Belgrave
I noticed this at 3/4 time on Saturday. They had the stats up on the board and showed the hardball gets as about 45 / 18 in our favour. This is an amazing statistic.

Given two teams of roughly equal ability, you would expect this to be split roughly 50/50, not 75/25.

No wonder they got there bottoms spanked!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
When 21 players are witnessing their 20 year old teamate risk life and limb to get the ball time and time again, then this would only inspire them.