Jack Dyer Medal 2021 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Dyer Medal 2021

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
Given our season is coming to an end, I started having a think about this and realised that there does not appear to be any real standout player for us this season.

Only 4 players have played every game this season (Short, Graham, Baker, Riewoldt), with Grimes missing 1 game and Bolton 2.

My early favourite Broad has probably missed too many games now to feature up the pointy end.

You would think that the above players are probably the ones to feature prominently - but interested in hearing people's thoughts regarding who has been our standout player this season.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Absolute lottery this year. Bolton will be leading at the half way mark I would have thought but can't even hazard a guess beyond that.

Reactions: 1 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
there's no real standout. Broad would have been leading before injury, but other than him everyone else has stunk it up.

It's a raffle imo.

Hope Grimes wins it.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Our system seems to be weighted towards games played. Riewoldt or Grimes for me.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I think Graham, Broad, Grimes and Bolton (before his broken wrist)
Have been our best

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Jack Riewoldt

It's set to be another thrilling count for the Jack Dyer Medal after another year of injuries to top players ruled out some of the usual suspects. Just four players have played every game, one of which being veteran forward Riewoldt. The 32-year-old has only been goalless once on his way to 48 majors, as well as averaging 11 disposals and five marks a game, and won a few games off his own boot. Shai Bolton tailed off in the second half of the year, while the Tigers' "Mr Fix It" in Liam Baker could be in for his best result ever and Jayden Short is a chance to go back-to-back. – Sarah Black

Other contenders: Liam Baker, Jayden Short, Jack Graham, Shai Bolton

How they vote: Every player is awarded between zero and five votes after each match.

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
Apparently they’re changing the 2021 AFL Premiership to the “Who cares Cup”

Maybe our JDM should be renamed the “last man standing” medal?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Graham/Grimes/Bolton

Can't find a date listed, but non-finalists usually get it out of the way pretty swiftly. Possibly a makeshift affair like last year's.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
If shorty won back2back JD's, it would cheapen the award IMO.

and i think Graham or Bakes winning it would also highlight what a poor year we really had.

i think JR would be a deserving winner.

id give it to Cotchy if it was down to me. Played 17 games. Reckon hes a smokey

whose gonna win the PRE award?

Reactions: 2 users

Rancey18

Tiger Champion
Mar 15, 2014
If shorty won back2back JD's, it would cheapen the award IMO.

and i think Graham or Bakes winning it would also highlight what a poor year we really had.

i think JR would be a deserving winner.

id give it to Cotchy if it was down to me. Played 17 games. Reckon hes a smokey

whose gonna win the PRE award?
I tend to agree - I dont think Short, Graham or Baker have necessarily had a "B&F" type of year.

If only Broady didnt get injured...

Reactions: 1 user