Bye Bye Jack Higgins! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Bye Bye Jack Higgins!

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
From a friend of the Higgo family..Surgery done last Thursday, it was a major operation. Home recovering now and in good spirits.

No contact training for 6 months but can start non contact work once wound heals and he is feeling no ill effects from the the op.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
From a friend of the Higgo family..Surgery done last Thursday, it was a major operation. Home recovering now and in good spirits.

No contact training for 6 months but can start non contact work once wound heals and he is feeling no ill effects from the the op.
Great to hear. Hopefully no side-effects happen and hoping to see him in the 1sts in 2021 as he'll only be 22 by then.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Saw a picture of young Jack.

Looks more Dusty than Frankenstein :mrt

on the mend and in good spirits apparently

Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Maaaaaan they chopped a hole in Higlets head big enough to let everything leak out. Surgeons musta had a blast rummaging around in there for a while.

Fantastic to see the young fella up n about n visiting at the club. If that doesn't remind the rest of the players how short n insignificant a footy career or even life can be n inspire them to make the most of every opportunity that comes their way. Nothing ever will.

Win, lose or draw as long as the team has a red hot crack there'll be nothing to complain or whinge about.

Reactions: 6 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
How great to get him down to the club and out on the track. Big boost for both him and the boys.

Reactions: 2 users

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Just great to see Higgins part of the team during grand final week.
Must have been an enormous boost for the players to see him out on the track.

Reactions: 1 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Maaaaaan they chopped a hole in Higlets head big enough to let everything leak out. Surgeons musta had a blast rummaging around in there for a while.

Fantastic to see the young fella up n about n visiting at the club. If that doesn't remind the rest of the players how short n insignificant a footy career or even life can be n inspire them to make the most of every opportunity that comes their way. Nothing ever will.

Win, lose or draw as long as the team has a red hot crack there'll be nothing to complain or whinge about.

Well written & said.

Hope it fires up the boys.

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria
Higlet was “unable” to be at the family day yesterday. I hope he’s just tired from a big noisy GF day and evening.

Reckon you are right TBH!

It was wonderful that he was there Saturday with the boys and was involved in training, abeith a run around Punt Road (with Rancey).

We do things differently.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I reckon what he has been through is worse than what they are making out.

Hope he recovers fully and gets to run out with the boys again but wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t play a game next year.

Reactions: 1 users

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne

Hope he recovers fully and gets to run out with the boys again but wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t play a game next year.
In the interveiw after the game in the rooms on Saturday, he sounded like he was speaking with a bit of a lisp.
Or was that just me?

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

Going to hard.
Didn’t they rule out most of 2020?

How will go getting head knocks, concussion(s)?

Serious questions. Going to be a struggle but the boys will get around him as the club will to give him all the support, guidance, love & care he needs.

Reactions: 1 user