Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

cagedtiger

Be Feared
Nov 19, 2004
Sydney
Ross's monstering tackle in the second quarter on McGovern was absolutely stunning for an 18 year old on a taller much more experienced 24 year old. It was just wow. He is a good strong size is Ross for 18, and incredibly probably still some growth in him.

JimJessTorp

Barrels it!
May 20, 2009
An armchair in Sydney
Ross's monstering tackle in the second quarter on McGovern was absolutely stunning for an 18 year old on a taller much more experienced 24 year old. It was just wow. He is a good strong size is Ross for 18, and incredibly probably still some growth in him.
Had me out of the armchair! Not a lot can do that. Reminded me of Towner burying Crouch, rag-dolling Lever, and smashing Jacobs in the 17 GF. More please Mr Ross.

Almost spilled my whisky!!!

Almost.

Reactions: 2 users

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Love the way this kid goes about it.

Bona fide superstar in the making.

In the team for the rest of the year.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Probably the Captain of the club after Flossy, who I think will take over from Chimp.

Reactions: 1 user

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Ross is everything I had hoped Matt Arnot was going to turn out to be, I just don't have to hope because he's already doing it.
There is also the added bonus of a significantly greater upside. (eg Leadership skills).

cagedtiger

Be Feared
Nov 19, 2004
Sydney
Had me out of the armchair! Not a lot can do that. Reminded me of Towner burying Crouch, rag-dolling Lever, and smashing Jacobs in the 17 GF. More please Mr Ross.

Almost spilled my whisky!!!

Almost.

I was much the same - unbelieving. There is one thing for a 18 year trying their heart out and tacking bigger more experienced players, only to be batted aside or piggy backed away. Ross's tackle looked like he was always fully in control and he subdued McGovern to submission in almost a step fashion. It was like a young teenage lion for the first time standing up to and defeating the older Alpha male. I was aghast and I replayed several times before I could accept it was actually an 18 year Ross executing the tackle. He simply looked strong and powerful in his execution - well beyond his years.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
If it was a choice between Ross and Bolton who goes...I'd be keeping Ross. We suck at clearances. Dusty more forward time.

Ross in the team allows Chimp to become first receiver where he's just as damaging. Chimp's good in the coal face but just as good one out. His one handed 360 goal against the Cats in the final was a testament to just how silky Chimp can be in space.

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
Serious question, do we have space for both of them with Dusty and Cotch back?

Sorry. Should have put the word VITAL in capitals.
We shuffle the team around and drop the weakest link.
Ross will run with the big bodies and Graham plays the high half forward. Both brutal around the contest

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Sorry. Should have put the word VITAL in capitals.
We shuffle the team around and drop the weakest link.
Ross will run with the big bodies and Graham plays the high half forward. Both brutal around the contest
Weakest link? Let me think. I will let you know Short ly.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
J.R. Fridge. Cotch. Dusty. Shedda. Meatball. Lamblett. Bolts. Stacka all rotating n rummaging around the mid at times during games. can't think of anything this mob lacks, pace, skill, grunt, smarts. There's enough there to give oppo coaches a massive brain fart.