Jack Ross | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jack Ross

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
All footballers are limited in some way Carter. Ross is showing very good signs and has improved even since the start of the season. Deserves a shot in and under which is his natural position and is showing very good signs for a young player.

He's a lot less limited than players like Liam McBean and other perennial Cartman favourites. Kane Lambert was another he wrote off as "limited"

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 2 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Ross wasn't as prolific against West Coast, but it was a step up from Geelong's midfield. Kelly ran away from him noticeably once, and the first-gamer Trew ran straight through him. But his ball use continues to improve and he won a few hard balls.

Reactions: 2 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Ross is still only 21 and is still building. Each year we see a little more improvement in him and if he continues to get educated as a mid by our established stars then I see no reason why he will become a very good mid. He may not hit the heights of Prestia or Cotch but is tough enough for the coal face work. A bit like Dan Jackson, a useful blue collar worker

• Love
Reactions: 8 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Missed him today with our other outs. He plays like the past two weeks we win.

Reckon you are right, would have been on the defensive side of some of those stoppages and would have at least partially stemmed some of their momentum in the 2nd half.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
Any real news on this bloke’s injury? Such a shame he was just really getting going and being played in right spot

Reactions: 4 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Reached the “midfield misses Jack Ross “ stage.

Grim.

Reactions: 1 users

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
Since he's been injured we haven't won a game. Coincidence?

I THINK NOT
He is a better player than I have given him credit for, not an A grader but solid and improving this season before his injury.

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
Jack ross development has been hindered by cotxhin owning the inside role and covid impact with less vfl games.

We are now at the stage where we need to flip it and Cotchin is ross relief rotation

Have no doubt he would be elite inside pig if just *smile* play him there

No other position thanks pure inside, grab a hopper or green and let the 2 grow with Sonsie and whoever we take with our first rounder , balta lynch gibcus Samsung bauer spine is all not that bad
Couple of more serviceable money ball picks from blair and we will be back
Just think we need to buy tom green and build around him

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
What is the status of Ross's knee injury. I'd he a chance to play next week? If so I would drop Ralph, move shorty back to half back and bring Ross in the middle.

Reactions: 4 users