Jai Hindley and le tour 2023 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jai Hindley and le tour 2023

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Australia has another yellow jersey winner at stage 5 - Jay Hindley from WA has smashed stage 5 winning the stage and now has a 47 second lead as the wearer of the mighty yellow jersey.

Early stages of the race so it will be interesting to see how he handles it - its his first time at the Tour de France.

First Aust winning the cricket, now this, come on tigers, make it a trifecta tomorrow.

• Love
Reactions: 3 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
fantastic. he was looking good when I went to bed, big climbing stage, go Jai!

Reactions: 1 users

BLACKTIGS

Tiger Rookie
Mar 21, 2014
Another big mountain stage tonight Col'du Tourmalet, can Hindley keep the yellow.....

Reactions: 1 user

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
Letting Hindley slip away in that lead group was a big mistake from Pogacar and Vingegaard. Sensational ride.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I reckon Hindley to gone from having fun and enjoying the experience and hoping for a top 10 finish to now setting his sights on finishing on the podium.

It is far too early to consider winning the whole dam thing and I can see his team almost handing over the yellow to another rider for awhile. Its almost an impossible ask to see one team hold the yellow for the rest of the race from such an early stage of the race.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Great performance last night by Jai, slipped away with the break which was great strategy, and powered on to a solo win, which was great riding.

Jonas Vindegaard is looking almost invincible. took time on the Pog and the Pog went up the mountain faster than he has ever done that mountain before. Hard to see him losing but, it's a 3 week race so plenty more to happen.

Interesting to see 2 big mountain stages in week 1, plus, only 1 TT this year. Certainly animating the race early days.

Hindley has to be a damned good chance to get on the podium in Paris, good luck to him, he is doing so well, and winning the Giro last year was amazing.

DS

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Top finish tonight! The top two are a step above!!

Reactions: 1 user