Jake Batchelor | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jake Batchelor

Re: Pick 30 - Jake Batchelor

Tigerbob said:
If Batch was there he would of been picked before Farmer. Fasolo was a steal.

Why do you think Farmer is the better player? Batchelor won a best and fairest in a very good side this year, he would of played champs if not for injury. What makes Farmer the better player in your opinion?

Why the personal attack?
In no part of my post did I say Farmer is better than Batchelor.
Read my post again. Collingwood took the best players available at their pick in THEIR opinion.
Aside from which we were talking about Dean McDonald.
They couldn't take Batchelor, he was gone. They took Fasolo and Farmer before Dean McDonald.
Simple. Fact.

Brett15 said:
i know collingwood had D-Mac pencilled in for a late pick as well. looks like we've taken two players they were keen on.

RedanTiger said:
Maybe but Collingwood did take Fasolo at 45 and Farmer at 46. Think they got the better players in their opinion so they were'nt that keen.

Mr Magic said:
Kicks the ball like Duncan Kellaway!

Magic I normally rate your opinion but I don't see that at all watching the highlights

RedanTiger said:
Why the personal attack?
In no part of my post did I say Farmer is better than Batchelor.
Read my post again. Collingwood took the best players available at their pick in THEIR opinion.
Aside from which we were talking about Dean McDonald.
They couldn't take Batchelor, he was gone. They took Fasolo and Farmer before Dean McDonald.
Simple. Fact.

Lol Attack?

Anyway, I apologise as I thought you were talking about Batchelor, being in a Batchelor thread.

Extended highlights clip on RFC site.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/roarvisionarchive/tabid/11454/contentid/314418/default.aspx

Looks pretty handy..

Most unusual, a left footer who can use his right foot & hit a target. I like it.

From what I hear he was not our first target for pick 30.

I suspect Darling would have been taken if available.

FJ hinted that they would have taken Darling or Lycett if they slipped through in a interview.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/roarvisionarchive/tabid/11454/contentid/314631/default.aspx

Streak said:
I think you'd be right, although I can't help feel we doged a potential bullet with him not being there.

He'll be observed with keen interest, it will be interesting to see if an AFL environment brings the best out in him similar to Franklin and Mitch Clark or whether he remains a loose cannon. His form last season was outstanding and he's been pretty good in the WAFL without being dominant. Could possibly be the steal of the draft or could be a dud whose Fevola like antics drag the club down to gutter levels. I reckon the media will love him which ever way it goes.

Reckon we got a good one here. Notice the way he marshalls the backline, does the 1%ers, lays bumps etc bit of a mean streak but best of all he is there as backup for his team mates and more often than not he seems to get them out of trouble.

Don't care if he wasn't our first choice at #30 we still chose him and I will barrack hard for him. I am sure we had swallow targeted at 30 but unfortunately he went at 1.

Did some more research on Batchelor.

Played senior football for the Frankston Bombers at 15-16 years old and did really well. Is a leader at every age group he has played at and also only knows one way to play the game. Flat out at every contest. Very good reader of the play and loves to kick long. Has come on and improved rapidly over the past 18 months. Collingwood, Hawthorn and Sydney were keen. The Pies very much thought he was worth the punt at there two picks in the 40's and saw him as another runner from the back half.

Intresting pick.

He certainly adds something different to our defensive mix. Very interested to see how Cleo progresses next year.

watched the kid at training last week, the thing i noticed is he looks very eager & hungry to get involved even in his first day he was looking to get involved in the drills the boys were doing whilst the other new recruits in helbig,dericks,mcdonald were a bit reserved batchelor was standing 15 mtrs in front of them with anticipation of getting asked to join asap.