Jason Torney...the quiet achiever (AFC site) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jason Torney...the quiet achiever (AFC site)

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
rosy3 said:
mightytiges said:
Simple answer is they had contracts.

I don't really see it as that simple. I am sure there were other considerstions taken into account with Danny not wanting Knighter in the team, and Torney would possibly have gone anyway.

The Hiltons and Kings etc surely wouldn't have been on pay anywhere near to what Torney was dumped to save, and Torney had the SA association anyway.

I wasn't talking about knighter rosy. More about why Bidders etc are still on our list while Torney is not. He was out of contract while the others who should have been given the flick weren't. Because of TPP someone on decent money had to go and a out of contract Torney was it.

P

PuntRoadRoar

yes best of luck in your future jason the club treated you very poorly.... but now your a crow so as they say in the classics get out there and go break a leg ???

i know a bit harsh, but i find it amusing :p

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
rosy3 said:
Also do you have any inside info on why Knighter was shown the door. Other than the party line that "he didn't fit into plans?"

I'd think form played a big part in it Rosy :)

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
TigerFurious said:
rosy3 said:
Also do you have any inside info on why Knighter was shown the door. Other than the party line that "he didn't fit into plans?"

I'd think form played a big part in it Rosy :)

Form has never been a pre-requisite to drop someone let alone to delist.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I apologise for mentioning it. All water under the bridge now anyway.
Facts are the team isn't travelling any better really and Knighter would probably have been good value still, but all academic. He's not at the club anymore.
I hope he comes back one day.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Fair enough Rosy. If you ever feel the need to let us know please do so. Especialyl now he is at my mosted hated club ever in Port Adelaide Magpies in SANFL.