Jim to get jail 'break' | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Jim to get jail 'break'

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
' Herald Sun, February 1 , 2004

Jim to get jail ‘break’

SCOT PALMER

KANGAROOS legend Jim Krakouer, who has spent the last 10 years in a Perth jail, could be granted his greatest wish this year — to see his son Andrew play in the AFL.

Melbourne friends of Krakouer have been told he will soon receive one day a month leave from prison, and by August could be given permission to travel to Melbourne to see his son play for Richmond.

The Aboriginal star of the 1980s might also be able to watch his talented son play hi Perth, where the Tigers have been drawn in Round 10 against West Coast at Subiaco.

Andrew, who turns 21 next month, and mother Fiona have made a new life in Melbourne since he was drafted by the Tigers in 2000, but he has visited his father in Cas-uarina Prison, just outside Perth.

Krakouer told Andrew then: "Do your best and you can't go wrong."

Krakouer is serving a 16-year sentence for drug offences.
He and younger brother Phil provided North Melbourne with a dazzling match-winning combination from 1982-89.

Richmond's football director Greg Miller said the club would welcome Krakouer whenever he wanted to see his son play.

Walster

I am Walstero the most beautiful man in the world
Aug 13, 2003
Tigerdog said:
' Herald Sun, February 1 , 2004

Richmond's football director Greg Miller said the club would welcome Krakouer whenever he wanted to see his son play.
Not sure on the wording of this but I would be concerned if the club was welcoming a convicted drug dealer who still hasnt paid his debt to society. I have no problem with Jimmy Krakouer seeing his son play or being in the rooms or whatever. I just dont beleive welcome is the correct word to use. :-\

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
I sincerely hope that if Krakouer does get a `break' it's because of his good behaviour or the like and not some preferential treatment because he used to be a top player........

bg25

God must love stupid people, he made so many!
Oct 3, 2003
He's already spent more time in prison than most murderer's and rapists.....and it's not like he was the mastermind behind the drug operation. :mad:

The dirty cop in Victoria....who was dealing in drugs etc got 3 years....where's the justice in that?