Weather | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Weather

vladz

Take us forward!
Jul 20, 2003
Canterbury
Have a look at todays weather is 40 minutes past 1 am and its still hot. Today was shocking, i havent done anything all day and by lunch time i was exhausted. I hope there will be no other days like today since im not used to that sort of heat as i come from Russia, i like snow and rain.

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
Vadim Golikov said:
Have a look at todays weather is 40 minutes past 1 am and its still hot. Today was shocking, i havent done anything all day and by lunch time i was exhausted. I hope there will be no other days like today since im not used to that sort of heat as i come from Russia, i like snow and rain.

Sorry you're having trouble with the weather Vadim. Sounds mighty hot down in Vict atm so I hope you all get some reprieve.

If it's really bad spare a thought for those out western NSW. I understand it's been averaging 46 degrees for at least two months out there & nights are routinely in the high 20s.

Still, I'll take heat over snow and ice any day I say. I dread Canberra's winters.... If only we could have summer without the bushfire risk I'd be happy.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Was 44.3 degrees here in Adelaide on Saturday and we had to bowl at cricket and me being a fast bowler was not all that appreciative. We won teh game though and I bowled 16 overs getting 4/51, but christ it was not easy.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Canbtiger: Your sister is right the heat is being extremely harsh here with no sign of going away. Nights are coolish (compared to the days anyway) in the hills however but would be nice for a day wit hsome rain etc but not on a Saturday.

JPM

Will Richmond ever be the one?
Sep 3, 2003
East Melbourne
I'm in Sydney and the humidity is the killer up here, it was pushing 100% most of last week, along with mid 30's temps and mid 40's a little further west like Penrith. And the night time temp is usually always low-mid 20's in summer.

I'm from Melbourne originally and like Adelaide and Perth it was more like a dry heat and the nights would be a little cooler most times, but up here it gets so sticky.

I would hate to live further north :-[

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Give me cold and rain and open fires anyday.
Bring on winter and football.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
I hate hot weather but the worst thing is when you go to work and the store is like an oven because the boss is too cheap to have the air conditioning fixed. Then you go into the reception and managers area and it's like walking into a freezer :mad:

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Heat's been bad up here too. Hubby's been working out at Ipswich (west of Brisbane) and it's been hot as hell. Boys are throwing up cause they're drinking too much water too fast. Hubby said it was 45 degrees sitting in the bobcat on Monday. And then in winter the place is as cold as Melbourne or maybe even Ballarat!