Josh Battle | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Josh Battle

go polo

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 28, 2005
What are your thoughts on Josh Battle.

I saw him today and his last quarter was fantastic. He was consistent all day but his tackling and hardness at the ball impressed me also.

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
go polo said:
What are your thoughts on Josh Battle.

I saw him today and his last quarter was fantastic. He was consistent all day but his tackling and hardness at the ball impressed me also.

Great name!

Yep, that's me done.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Not sold on Battle given his height and inability to play midfield. Most of these shortish lead-up forwards end up struggling, unless they are able to pinch hit in the midfield. I think we're much better off focusing on a player like Venables who has shown plenty of promise as a bullocking midfielder but can have the same sort of impact as Battle when resting forward. The combine data will be key for mine, if I see similar numbers to a junior Dustin Martin or Patrick Dangerfield then I place Venables at the top of the queue. Will more than likely be a slow starter but in four years could be one of the best. Not overly concerned about the endurance at this early stage but if the sprint times are strong then I think we have to seriously consider.

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Based on the limited sample I saw from the televised Champs games, as a tall forward, I think Patrick Kerr looked better than Battle. Kerr is taller, more agile and has more tricks than Battle. As a mid, there are plenty of better options available before Battle as Bully has alluded to.