Underrated/Overrated - 2015 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Underrated/Overrated - 2015

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Folks, it's time to put the plums on the line with your annual underrated/overrated players for the class of 15'.

No right or wrong answer yet so dont hold back, time will tell that.

In order for leysy:

Under:

1. Darcy Tucker - 200+ gamer with leadership, agility, skills and hardness. Will move past plenty taken above him ILO
2. Jade Gresham - As above.
3. Terry Milera - Chad Wingard says hello.

Over:
1. Sam Weideman - Is that you Cleve Hughes?.
2. Callum Ah Chee - Has skill, but doesn't get the ball and goes to ground easily, hate that. Pick 6?
3. Darcy Parish - Will have a decent career, but a small, light inside mid without an exceptional quality at pick 4?. No thanks.

Special mention to the McKay brothers. Have scope, but both have stack of work to make it.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Leysy Days said:
Folks, it's time to put the plums on the line with your annual underrated/overrated players for the class of 15'.

In order for leysy:

Under:

1. Darcy Tucker - 200+ gamer with leadership, agility, skills and hardness. Will move past plenty taken above him ILO

Over:
2. Callum Ah Chee - Has skill, but doesn't get the ball and goes to ground easily, hate that. Pick 6?
3. Darcy Parish - Will have a decent career, but a small, light inside mid without an exceptional quality at pick 4?. No thanks.

Special mention to the McKay brothers. Have scope, but both have stack of work to make it.

A bit harsh on Weideman considering he is a Richmond supporter, plus no one could be as bad as Hughes
Agree on Parish
I think Collins and Hardwick will the finds of the draft

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
No idea as I know nothing about the kids, but I see you are going out of your way to make JB's life hell for the next three months,

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
I wanted Milera, but now that he did not make it to us, he also reminded me of the squib Danyle Pearce.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Leysy Days said:
C'mon you softos

How do you work out under and over rated at this point? By pick number?

I'll say that Poo$y might have covered Watts quite well if Weideman does turn into another Hughes.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Underrated: Mutimer, Balic, Eades.
Overrated: Parish, Francis, Collins, Schoenfield.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Underrated: Tucker, Bonner, Milera, Hibberd
Overrated: My mum taught me if you havent got nything nice to say, then say nothing at all. :D

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Leysy Days said:

In order for leysy:

Under:

Over:

Terry Milera was terribly under-rated, dumped by St Kilda....

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
Overrated

Ah Chee, lacks intensity, don't care how high he can jump.

Underrated

Rioli, can be anything he wants to be
Lovell, will be a star

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Underrated

1. Mitchell Hibberd - Lasted until pick 33, absolute bargain for North, provided his body holds up he will play a lot of AFL football. It's when players like this drop into the second round that I have to question whether this really was a shallow draft.

2. Riley Bonner - Holy cow, another drifter who fell into Port's lap at pick 37. They could hardly contain their excitement when reading out his number, the kid's kicking is Bob Murphy good and he comes in at a very nice height of 191cm. Considering Viojo-Rainbow got picked up in the 20's last year, Bonner is highway robbery.

3. Harley Balic - Coming in a pick after Bonner at 38 it's a tight call as to whether Freo got the steal of the century with this selection. Again, I can't exactly call this weak draft when guys like Balic are around with such late picks.

4. Darcy Tucker - I'll add a fourth selection here because it's worthy of mention, Tucker will play a lot of quality football at the highest level and whilst he may never be an outright star he's very likely to go on and play 100+ games. His speed & endurance makes him a safe pick and a nice selection at 27.

Overrated

1. Sam Weideman - His testing was horrible and despite the fact he was coming back from injury the Demons are taking an enormous gamble, particularly given he has so few runs on the board. I've heard people suggest he has a few more tricks than the lead, mark, kick goal routine but even so, pick 7 seems way over the odds.

2. Brayden Sier - Could be a case of hiding the family jewels but Sier has played 2 games of TAC football and didn't attend the combine. Don't know much about him apart from the fact he's a really good size but hasn't had any exposure to top line football - risky, particularly given guys like Hibberd, Balic & Bonner were available. I would like to give Hine the benefit of the doubt but this is one of his more stranger selections.

3. Callum Ah Chee - This will raise some eyebrows but it simply comes down to the fact that Wayne Milera is by far the better footballer and seems destined to have a more fruitful career. Still don't know why Gold Coast opted for Ah Chee, Milera played some of the best football I've seen by a junior at SANFL level, in finals no less. I'm not suggesting Ah Chee will be a dud but my money is on Milera to be the better performer.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
zippadeee said:
A bit harsh on Weideman considering he is a Richmond supporter, plus no one could be as bad as Hughes
Agree on Parish
I think Collins and Hardwick will the finds of the draft
If Wiedeman is anything like his old man he looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane.

pumped

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 14, 2014
Nice one Leysey,

I have all the knowledge of a pumpkin but I will say:

Over:

Harry McKay - will prolly play 60 games in his 1st 3 years at the blues but they'll eventually get a better list - a plodder and I just reckon his brother has more chance of being a star.

Darcy Parish - looks like a twat in a Hugh Grant Christmas movie, perfect company for his hair-bear team-mate, Dyson Heppel

Weideman - shades of Pavlich? hmmmm... there's only one big Pavlov

Under:

Gresham - little? phhh! can play, go saints

Kieran Collins - will be a rock in the dogs defence for 10 years

Will Snelling - not even picked yet but Sam Mitchell-like-ish

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Underrated

1. Rhys Mathieson - 39 will make it. Your Jack Redden replacement.
2. Riley Bonner- Will fit perfectly.
3. Kieran Collins- Will fit perfectly.
4. Darcey Parish- Will play 200 games, another Shane Crawford.

Overrated

1. Sam Weideman - I just don't see it.
2. The bloke Collingwood took at 32.
3. Leysy not backing Parish.

Vlossy

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2014
Underrated:

1. Riley Bonner - great disposal and is highly likely to be the steal of this draft

2. Ben Keays - love how this kid finds the ball and he will make an instant impact in 2016. One of the dangers to Silk for the Rising Star

3. Rhys Matheison - has to be in here as he will play plenty of footy for the Lions. Crazy he dropped so much.

4. Tom Cole - I like this kid a lot. Will love playing over in the west. This guy could end up being a 200 gamer easy enough.

Over rated:

1. Callum Ah Chee - Callum Twomey's love child. What a joke the hype that was created about this kid. He has some great skills and will have a decent enough career but he will also have times in this career where he will be dropped as he disappears regularly in games. Also doesn't really have a position. Stoked we missed him.

2. Clayton Oliver - pick 4???? Seriously???? Curnow incident last week really spooked the Dees with this one. Should have stuck to their guns.

3. Adelaide Crows - Have been on the happy pills obviously taking Tom Doedee in the first round. Weird town is Adelaide.

4. Collingwood Football Club young list - is Treloar serious? Better young list? Enjoy Sier buddy! Jacob Townsend will come and say hi in round 2 ya muppet.

GEDS1

Richo's last lap
Apr 15, 2007
Under
1. Curnow
2. Balic
3. Bonner
4. Mathieson
5. Rioli - not being biased just believe he has the traits to match Cyril

Over
1. McKays
2. Ah Chee
3. Oliver at pick 4
4. Doedee
5. Parish

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Underrated

Daniel Rioli, because his surname is Rioli, he should have gone 1

Overrated

Sam Weideman, because his surname is Weideman, he should have gone in the rookie draft