$$Kaching$$ | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

$$Kaching$$

Blind Turn

Tiger Superstar
Mar 19, 2014
By E.O.B on Saturday night, the club had sold $3m in merchandise. $1m in online sales alone!
Players also were yesterday given half the prize money for winning the G.F.. That's around $35k each.
We're back baby!!

On another note, we should be given some prime time games on TV too.

The club should use PRO as a live GF site every year. Could be a good money earner, as fans will be keen to be close to the action so they can wander over to the G after the game.

Giardiasis said:
The club should use PRO as a live GF site every year. Could be a good money earner, as fans will be keen to be close to the action so they can wander over to the G after the game.

I agree but when I suggested using PRO to sell food a while back it was pointed out, in the press I think, that the AFL holds a strong hand in preventing any competition in the area to protect the very expensive rights of the vendors at the G.

Giardiasis said:

Great idea

Logistically and financially it makes sense, but not culturally. I wouldn't want to watch the GF on a screen at Windy Hill if we were playing. Maybe its just me.

they have done it a few times. Watched the GF with a Lions friend when they won their 3 in a row in the early 2000's at Punt Road. From here they can make it a GF live site. Winning fans that then miss out can flock to the G post game as they did this year and enjoy the players back on stage 90min after the win. I was a fantastic atmosphere around 7:40 when the players came out post the killers concert.

Blind Turn said:
By E.O.B on Saturday night, the club had sold $3m in merchandise. $1m in online sales alone!
Players also were yesterday given half the prize money for winning the G.F.. That's around $35k each.
We're back baby!!

Did you pass Maths?

Half of $1mil is 500k divided by 22 is $22k each. Throw in bonuses for coaches et al they be lucky to get 20k each

King Kong said:
Did you pass Maths?

Half of $1mil is 500k divided by 22 is $22k each. Throw in bonuses for coaches et al they be lucky to get 20k each

Players told me they all got $35k each last night. Who am I to argue?