Kane Cornes | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Cornes

Somebody please tell Karen JHF was only against Ports sanfl players and things are different at AFL level

Reactions: 1 user
What a lot of people don't realise is the football manager (whatever title that gets) is the senior manager of everyone involved in football at all, with line managers under them and then they report to the CEO.

I'm not sure how the power split works at Richmond but it would be either Livingston or Hartley or both depending on how they share responsibilities. They are Hardwick's bosses as well.

That's always been my point about Essendon, everyone talks about Hird's responsibility but Paul Hamilton, as football manager was the boss of both Hird and Robinson and yet faced no consequences for what transpired.

Having said all of that clubs usually only employ a minimum of staff and most people like me would work on a consultancy basis rather than as full time employees.

Edit: I should say as well that the coach will almost always get their way in terms of staffing of course. If the senior coach changes it usually spells the end for many staff just because the new one likes to bring their own people in.
Practically, Dimma’s boss would be Benny. Perhaps I missed Hartley’s promotion, but if he is still list manager there is no way he is Hardwick’s ‘Boss’. Perhaps there is another definition of ‘Boss’ out there I don’t understand

Practically, Dimma’s boss would be Benny. Perhaps I missed Hartley’s promotion, but if he is still list manager there is no way he is Hardwick’s ‘Boss’. Perhaps there is another definition of ‘Boss’ out there I don’t understand
Report through Livingston up the chain maybe. Not sure in what chain of command Hartley would sit over Damien though.

As I said I'm not sure how they split responsibilities, I always thought they were like joint Footy Managers. It's probably Livingston over Hardwick.

So effectively the coach could sack you or get you sacked so that wouldnt be above his 'pay grade'
would you agree

Getting very technical here but no, they couldn't sack you but might be the impetus for someone else to sack you.

Again though, it would be a consultancy so there wouldn't be a sacking, just no longer using your services.

Getting very technical here but no, they couldn't sack you but might be the impetus for someone else to sack you.

Again though, it would be a consultancy so there wouldn't be a sacking, just no longer using your services.
Same Same imo

If somebody has the power or influence to remove another person then to me thats good enough to say - "They have the ability to sack you"

Consultancy - If they dont renew your contract due to that other persons influence again he has removed you

I haven’t listened to SEN since Jabba the Hutch boned KB. A bunch of self righteous flogs on there now

Reactions: 4 users

Blair is General Manager football talent and Livingstone is General Mgr Football performance.

On that Dimma would report to Livingstone.

Reactions: 1 users
Blair is General Manager football talent and Livingstone is General Mgr Football performance.

On that Dimma would report to Livingstone.
Yes that’s the way I see it to. The structure of football clubs is an interesting one because hierarchy is not always related to pay. I am sure Dimma earns more than his boss and he probably earns more than most in the club bar some of the players
As TBR alluded to the coach is down the hierarchy but has more power than the hierarchy suggests.
It seems to work. The only other place I have seen this in the commercial world is when I was involved with the clothing industry years ago and the highest paid person in the company was the lead designer who was nowhere near the top in the company structure.

Reactions: 2 users