Kane Lambert | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kane Lambert

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Re: Welcome to Tigers: Kane Lambert

Harry said:
17 clearances and 4 goals in a final is impressive. most likely foleys replacement.

Great result for the club if it is.

percyms

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008

Seems to like tackling and knows where the goals are too - look pretty good

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013

From everything I've read it looks like this chap can instantly make an impact...

Am I right in also reading he only has a right boot? Hope I'm wrong

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell

Hope he steps up. He was at Northern blues for 3 years and the idea of a player slipping through carlton's grasp appeals to me ;D

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009

Sintiger said:
Hope he steps up. He was at Northern blues for 3 years and the idea of a player slipping through carlton's grasp appeals to me ;D

I like your thinking. Go Kane!

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011

Sintiger said:

Add McKenzie to that list Sin, and this could be the start of something beautiful.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

Sintiger said:

agree. it will be almost as good as practically stealing Grigg.

keepa lids onit

Medal number 1, 2 & 3
May 13, 2005

Article up where pagan says we have got a gun in lambert. Compares him to Stevens and says he will be our miles next year.
There are good/ great players in the state leagues 20-24yo who just need a chance and an afl enviro to really blossom and become good valuable afl players. Like ive said these are the rookie types we should be looking at untried gems, not recycles no hopers from other teams.
Looks like we might have another gun to add to our mids next year. Wow

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014

All this makes you wonder why we kept Matt Thomas on the list. 28 by start of next season. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

because we didn't know we'd get Lambert in the draft......
put it this way, if Lambert plays in the Nab Cup the way Miles did this year (i assume he'll play Nab along with some other kids to give them a crack) then he'll get the upgrade & Thomas won't play another senior game for us.

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014

Impressed by the highlights of this guy. Can definetly see him playing this year. Miles mark two. If so our
midfield becomes top 4. Have high hopes. Is performance in VFL finals exceptional

Chimptastic

Tiger Superstar
Aug 22, 2014

tigerlove said:
All this makes you wonder why we kept Matt Thomas on the list. 28 by start of next season. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

For a one-year-at-a-time backup midfielder, being 28 is a complete non-factor in his role.

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004

Great great selection.

So many debates in yesteryear with Disco about how this is the EXACT type of player to take late on. Outperforms his peers at the next level, is determined, and has the game that can step up.

We seem to finally be getting the hang of this state league recruiting.

Lets see more of it FJ & Co.

Kane will play plenty in 2015.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003

Great to see Knights and Lambert at the RFC again.

This selection makes so much sense that it surprises me he was overlooked in 4 drafts, even in the rookie draft. We need to get into the habit of selecting one or 2 state leaguers on the rookie list every year. we should have delisted Thomas and gone an extra pick on Marcon - surprised he wasn't selected.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004

Leysy Days said:
Great great selection.

So many debates in yesteryear with Disco about how this is the EXACT type of player to take late on. Outperforms his peers at the next level, is determined, and has the game that can step up.

We seem to finally be getting the hang of this state league recruiting.

Lets see more of it FJ & Co.

Kane will play plenty in 2015.

Old campaigners unite. Pour out some liquor.

Between old mate Lambert & young buck Short with pinpoint foot skills, could this be the rookie draft of our dreams?