Kayne Pettifer | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Kayne Pettifer

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tribunal results

Kayne Pettifer, (Coburg Tigers), Senior, Pushing an Opposition Player into the Fence after the ball was out of play, 1 match

Kayne Pettifer, (Coburg Tigers), Senior, Striking, 2 matches

Sounds like Kayne has performed his specialtyattack from the rear again. Was lucky not to get reported for the Campbell Brown incident too imo. Gutless act.

Does that mean Kayne misses 2 or 3 weeks?

I wonder if it's the end of his career at Tigerland. With 5 games to go when he comes back, and surely needing a run in the seconds both to find some disclipine and form he should struggle to get back in this year.

Is he tradeable or are we stuck with him next season?

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
I dont know Rosy, I'd say we are stuck with him.

His value would be almost at rock bottom, and unless a club think they could turn him around, I doubt they would take a chance on Kayne.

With Kayne out for the next 3 weeks, any chance of snapping our losing streak seems gone.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
He'll probably stay on the list. Stupid things to do though.

WE got enough bloeks to delist, cant delist everyone i think they'll probably stick him next year.

Foonge

Mmmmm, clangers!!
Jul 3, 2003
Mt. Waverley, Melbourne
Maybe Pettifer should be one of those players to delist. It seems his only role would be as a crumbing forward. Let capable players such as Rodan and Krakouer take care of that. As soon as Spud learns that they are in fact crumbing players and not leading forwards!!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Players who come out of contract would be the first to go.

By default that means players like Pettifer would be kept on the list if a trade can't be found.

If we could afford it I'd like to see him paid out and shown the door, but I doubt that will happen.

Rogers is another one who will probably still be on the list next season by virtue of another year to run on his contract.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
Agree Rosy, there's no doubt the club will attempt to trade Pettifer but if as expected there are no takers, it is doubtful as to whether he will be delisted. Firstly because he is still contracted and the club will try to avoid paying him out and secondly there are other players who come out of contract at seasons end who will be delisted.
Rogers may also just hang on to his spot on the list because he too is contracted for next season although age will be against him.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Rogers isnt that bad. He did look totalyl shattered after the game on Saturday night, seemed more shattered than anyone. He still is worthy of a senior berth in my opinion.

I jsut dont think we've seen what Pettifer is capable of. He is not a forward.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I almost feel ashamed I've included Rogo in the same thread as Pettifer shawry.
He had guts and gave his all. No doubt he cares, but his career must be drawing to a close.
Rogo is far cry from what we've seen from Kayne Pettifer, he actually deserved to be on an AFL list.

SkiddyMcGhee

Us and Them, Over and Over again
Jan 29, 2003
Sandringham, Melbourne
Harry,

I think he did, but should have been traded back a few years ago when he some value, ala Torney. Now, he will just be delisted. Just goes to reinforce the lack of list management going on.

In terms of Pettifer, well the guy must have hit rock bottom. Sure he was the best in his field at U18 and from a recruiting perspective looked like a prize scalp, but like a lot of draftee's, cant handle the step up to the big time.

The major concern was/is the fact that he is just so petulant, he really should have been passed over for his attitude, but hindsight............Time to go to the WBulldogs son...........where hopefully he might wake up to himself and have a AFL career, otherwise it wont even be a VFL career.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
shawry said:
Rogers isnt that bad. He did look totalyl shattered after the game on Saturday night, seemed more shattered than anyone. He still is worthy of a senior berth in my opinion.

I jsut dont think we've seen what Pettifer is capable of. He is not a forward.

Rogers looked shattered because he finally realised that he is as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike as an AFL footballer. He is finished and knows it.

As for Pettifer, he needs a good foot up the bum. He seems to have this overinflated opinion of himself, but then plays like a pug in D grade amo's.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
I think you've hit the nail on the head Rosy. Rogers, whilst valuable in the past, is now in the twilight of his career. Pettifer is yet to have one.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Rogers, he is kept for another year, would probably have a limited role as a small forward. He has showed in the past that he can kick goals and at least he will force a contest if the ball comes to ground.

At least he would be a forward with a defensive side to his game. If he could have another season where he kicked 30-40 goals he would have done his job IMHO.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
I think Rogers is absolutely shot. Always looks on unsteady legs and and handles the ball with trepidation. Unbelievable how some of these blokes have contracts that last so long.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Says a lot about our troubled club when someone of Rogers ability will soon play his 200th.

Milestones like that are for players who have consistantly played at a high standard not handed to mediocre players who only get a game because there is no one better.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Not Rogers fault the club is so incompotent that he remains whilst doing nothing.

For some reason, the current coaching staff and blokes like Rob Walls are in love with Rogers - to hear Walls talk about him is to think we Paul Licuria playing for us.

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
Diggler or Laff, please sort this conversation out.

Rogers is and always has been a hack!

probably only one good season to his name.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Any player who thinks the footy is a grenade with the pin pulled out is a basket case - case closed!!!

Shawry, I still can't understand your English???

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Along with Daffy, Rogers is the worst player to have ever been given regular games in the AFL. Agree with Crackertiger - he's a never hasbeen and it is a joke that his postion has never been under threat for all this time. He must give good ............................rev ups. ;D

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Went to the Geelong fan forum and found this interesting thread discussing the worst players in the AFL

Here's some quotes:

"They're all talented, but the worst i've seen this year is Kayne Petrified from Richmond."

"matthew richardson: so far overrated he'd be refused classification if he were a movie."

"Richo is far from the worst player in the league, but look at all the other honors he has accumulated:

* Best Dummy Spit
* Glorified Hack Lifetime Achievement Award
* Stupidest Looking Face (2nd place Steve Johnson)
* Kieren Perkins's Kick-it-to-me-Kick-it-to-me Trophy
* Royal Order of the Crackers of Sad"

Just for the record there was also a bloke defending Richo as well