Last Man Standing 2024 Round 8 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Last Man Standing 2024 Round 8

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
Majority of teams having a bye for Round 0, I think we will do the same for this competition and start, as previously, with Round 1.

Each round simply pick one team that you think is a certainty to win. If your chosen team wins, you remain in the competition and get to pick another team in the next round. If your pick loses or draws and any other competitor picks a winner you are eliminated.

You win the competition when your pick is the only correct selection made for that round.

ALL game results in a given round, not just the game you select, affect the competition outcome for you in that round.

For some, it might be unlucky or careless to forget when the round starts. However, mathematically it would give them a probability advantage if they were allowed to tip late. So for tips to be accepted, they have to be made before the first game of the round.

No tips will be accepted after the round has started. If you forget to tip, you are eliminated. (The exception to this rule is that you may defer tipping if you are ineligible to make a selection in the first game(s) of that round.)

If no selected team wins, all competitors who made a valid pick progress to the next round.

To encourage diversity and a thoughtful strategy for tips, you cannot pick the same team in any three consecutive rounds. So for example if you pick Richmond to win in round 1, you cannot pick Richmond in rounds 2 or 3.

Also, you cannot pick against the same team in any three consecutive rounds. So if you pick Richmond to beat Carlton in round 1 you cannot pick the team that plays Carlton in rounds 2 or 3.

STALEMATE RULE: If all remaining competitors pick the same team in two successive rounds, the competition will be completed and all remaining competitors declared joint winners.

The competition will be closed to any new competitors from 7.30pm on Thursday March 14.

ROUND 1 Thursday,March 14

Carlton vs Richmond at MCG on Thursday,March 14 7.30pm

Collingwood vs Sydney at MCG on Friday,March 15 7.40pm

Essendon vs Hawthorn at MCG on Saturday,March 16 1.45pm
GWS vs North Melbourne at Giants Stadium on Saturday,March 16 4.35pm
Geelong vs St Kilda at Kardinia Park on Saturday,March 16 7.30pm
Gold Coast vs Adelaide at Gold Coast on Saturday,March 16 8.10pm

Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs at MCG on Sunday,March 17 1pm
Port Adelaide vs West Coast at Adelaide Oval on Sunday,March 17 4pm
Fremantle vs Brisbane at Perth Stadium on Sunday,March 17 6.50pm

Previous Winners
Year​
WinnerIn Round
2011​
TigerMadR23
2012​
Rosy23R13
2013​
marella jubeR23
2014​
casparR23
2015​
MidsyR12
2016​
Total TigerR15
2017​
Brodders17R8
2018​
IanGR15
2019​
Sammy CR21
2020​
scottyturnerscurseR10
2021​
Brodders17R15

2022​
Number8R8

2022 (2nd run)​
gold1R18
2023​
ManeevoR13

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

tommystigers

Don't Boo! It is hurtful to the inept and corrupt.
Oct 6, 2004
Giants thanks Yinnar.
Not that I will last longer than a week or two.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Love this comp, looks deceptively easy, but what is deceptively easy is digging yourself a hole after a couple of rounds and you are left with difficult games to pick.

Thanks

DS

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Love this comp, looks deceptively easy, but what is deceptively easy is digging yourself a hole after a couple of rounds and you are left with difficult games to pick.

Thanks

DS
This comp is a true judge of footballing knowledge, only the best can win. Not like that silly guess the ladder comp that is pure luck.

Thanks for running again Yin.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013

Thanks

DS
This comp is a true judge of footballing knowledge, only the best can win. Not like that silly guess the ladder comp that is pure luck.

Thanks for running again Yin.
If I last to Round 2 I'm going well :ROFLMAO: