Leading stats (RFC site) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Leading stats (RFC site)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
GOALS
1. Matthew Richardson 17
2. Andrew Krakouer 14
3. Greg Stafford 13
4. Leon Cameron 12
5. David Rodan 12
6. Mark Coughlan 10
7. Greg Tivendale 10
8. Joel Bowden 9
9. Adam Houlihan 8
10. Aaron Fiora 6

BEHINDS
1. Matthew Richardson 21
2. Greg Tivendale 19
3. Joel Bowden 17
4. Brad Ottens 16
5. Adam Houlihan 13
6. David Rodan 10
7. Greg Stafford 10
8. Leon Cameron 10
9. Mark Coughlan 9
10. Ray Hall 8
11. Andrew Krakouer 8
12. Matthew Rogers 8

KICKS
1. Joel Bowden 181
2. Greg Tivendale 176
3. Mark Chaffey 157
4. Mark Coughlan 139
5. Kane Johnson 138
6. Matthew Rogers 124
7. Andrew Kellaway 118
8. Rory Hilton 105
9. Leon Cameron 101
10. Matthew Richardson 93

HANDBALLS
1. Mark Coughlan 96
2. Joel Bowden 90
3. Kane Johnson 85
4. Andrew Kellaway 65
5. Greg Stafford 64
6. Ty Zantuck 64
7. Chris Newman 63
8. Wayne Campbell 56
9. Mark Chaffey 53
10. Darren Gaspar 50

DISPOSALS
1. Joel Bowden 271
2. Mark Coughlan 235
3. Kane Johnson 223
4. Greg Tivendale 220
5. Mark Chaffey 210
6. Andrew Kellaway 183
7. Matthew Rogers 157
8. Greg Stafford 153
9. Chris Newman 147
10. Ty Zantuck 143

MARKS
1. Matthew Richardson 77
2. Andrew Kellaway 74
3. Joel Bowden 72
4. Mark Chaffey 65
5. Greg Tivendale 63
6. Greg Stafford 61
7. Leon Cameron 53
8. Kane Johnson 50
9. Mark Coughlan 48
10. Aaron Fiora 48

TACKLES
1. Mark Coughlan 61
2. Joel Bowden 57
3. Ray Hall 32
4. Andrew Kellaway 29
5. Greg Tivendale 29
6. David Rodan 26
7. Tim Fleming 26
8. Kane Johnson 25
9. Ty Zantuck 24
10. Greg Stafford 23

FREES FOR
1. Andrew Kellaway 16
2. Mark Coughlan 14
3. Kane Johnson 12
4. Matthew Richardson 12
5. Greg Stafford 11
6. Darren Gaspar 11
7. Joel Bowden 10
8. Andrew Krakouer 9
9. Aaron Fiora 8
10. Wayne Campbell 8
11. David Rodan 8

FREES AGAINST
1. Matthew Richardson 18
2. Greg Stafford 16
3. Joel Bowden 15
4. Rory Hilton 13
5. Mark Coughlan 10
6. Andrew Kellaway 9
7. Tim Fleming 8
8. Matthew Rogers 7
9. Greg Tivendale 7
10. Darren Gaspar 6
11. Wayne Campbell 6

HITOUTS
1. Greg Stafford 194
2. Ray Hall 57
3. Royce Vardy 26
4. Brad Ottens 17
5. Matthew Richardson 6
6. Andrew Kellaway 3
7. Wayne Campbell 2
8. Joel Bowden 1
9. Mark Coughlan 1
10. Aaron Fiora 1
11. Ty Zantuck 1

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Seems a stuff up on Otto....16 behinds from 2 games. Maybe Richo's figures are incorrect too.

Are Tivva's 10.19 and Joels 9.17 stuff ups too? I presume so but then again ;D

Joel is top 10 in every stat.

Interesting the top 3 in frees for, AK, Cogs and Johnson are three of our toughest players. Good they've been rewarded for putting their body on the line.

AK rates consistantly in most categories other than scoring. A very good, and imo somewhat under rated season.

Interesting to see Rogo, Rory and Leon up there amongst the leading kick getters.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Geez if Otto had kick 16 behinds in 2 games I think we would have gotten out the shot gun by now. I looked at those stats about a week ago and some hadn't been updated. Torney was still on one of the lists :eek:

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
If Otto could kick 8 behinds a game he'd probably lead the scoring award by miles, even if he never kicked a goal.
What did Richo win it on last year...32? I remember it was pretty low but can't be bothered looking it up.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
you've all got to admit that AK has mastered the art of ducking the head to get a free kick. He's like poetry in motion. :)

I wonder if it is practiced at training?? All they'd have to do is stand him on punt road wearing a Sam Newman mask and let nature take it's course! egg....duck! apple.......duck! Rotten tomato...duck, Brick....duck! fist....duck! ;D

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
In actual fact Otto has kicked 16 behinds! It happened after the loss to Carlton on their way down the race

Rogers....whack Richardson.....whack Houlihan.....wooshka up the coit! and so on..... ;D

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
I can't understand how some ppl can say that bowdo is one of the worst players on our team and should be dropped. Looking at those stats says hes one of the best!

Sure he doesnt always have fantastic games, but he is in every section there, and a lot of the time he is in the top 3.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Bowden is one of our better players, but he does do a lot of stuff ups. One stat I'm intersted is the clanger count. You can be sure that Bowden is near the top of that stat as well.

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
JohnF said:
Bowden is one of our better players, but he does do a lot of stuff ups. One stat I'm intersted is the clanger count. You can be sure that Bowden is near the top of that stat as well.

Yea definatly i admitt that he has his stuff ups. I know he was on top of the clanger count a couple of weeks ago.

All im saying is that i have met SO many richmond fans that say he should be dropped and hes pure crap and alot of other stuff and i think they are really stupid for saying that, i think letting bowden go would be a big loss for the club.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
He's a top ten player at Richmond IMO, but not a necessary player. If we could get a swap for say Robert Murphy (from the Bulldogs) for Bowden, I'd say go for it.

Otherwise we should keep him. He definitely has value and is amongst the top 3 players at the club in so far as talent goes.

Don't you just hate talented players who are lackadaisical though? Grrrr....

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
JohnF said:
If we could get a swap for say Robert Murphy (from the Bulldogs) for Bowden, I'd say go for it.

Otherwise we should keep him. He definitely has value and is amongst the top 3 players at the club in so far as talent goes.

Don't you just hate talented players who are lackadaisical though? Grrrr....

Yes i do hate that.

If we can get a good swap from him, a swap for a talented player then yes by all means go for it.

But for now i say keep him, i think he has some improving to do adn he can do it. I also think he has good leadership qualitlies.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
The best stat of this year in my opinion is Duncan Kellaways as follows: 0 0 0 0

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
JohnF said:

Before the Herald Sun forced them to take it down, AFL stats had the clanger count since its inception in 98'.

And guess who not only was in the top five clangerers in the league but also had the highest clanger average of well over 2 a game?

Here's a hint:
Lets just call him Joel B. No wait, thats to obvious. Lets just go with J Bowden.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
LOL, yeah, hardly surprising...

People always used to give Campbell *smile* along with with Bowden for having crap disposal. But Cambo's clanger count per posession would be amongst the best in the league. (As in the lowest).

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Bowden is not there problem far from it often skillful players in hack sides turn the ball over searching for someone who is up to it.

tiga

Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
JF & gOtigers,

There's no question that Joel is a ball magnet, he just needs to improve his disposal. He is also a momentum player. If we get good starts Joel invariably revs up and plays good footy but unfortunately that doesn't always happen.
I don't know if you've seen the movie "Evil woman", apart from being very funny, there is a piece of equipment used in it that would be perfect for Joel. It's a device that you would attach to his nipples and whenever he's not performing well one push of a button and zappo! a little jolt just to remind him where he is and how important it is to dispose of the ball properly. ;D

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
JohnF said:
LOL, yeah, hardly surprising...

People always used to give Campbell sh!t along with with Bowden for having crap disposal. But Cambo's clanger count per posession would be amongst the best in the league. (As in the lowest).

Considering Campbell is in the top 5 posession getters since 94' he doesn't even feature in the top 20 clangerers. If memory serves me correctly he averages a bit over 1 a game. Much, much less then some of the so called superstars in Buckley, Crawford and even Black.

And finally on Joel. If he played under a half decent coach he'd be an absolute star. 188cm, runs all day, kicks long and can take a mark when he puts his mind to it. Such a waste of talent.