Light Relief | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Light Relief

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
This maybe in the wrong spot, but if so, I am sure Rosy will put it where it belongs.

Some don'ts for the players of 1908.

Don't run amok! If you do you're sure to cop.

Don't 'chew' if the umpire holds his finger up and says, "Now, Sonny, stop."

Don't tell him to go to Warracknabeal or some other hot locality. You might get a month.

Don't funk it. Go in with your head down, or stop training and wasting the eucalyptus.

Don't play to the forwards. They are only ornaments, and put there to watch you kick goals.

Don't go dead. You'll never come to life if the club finds out.

How footy language has evolved over the years!! Love the bit about the forwards. Must have been thinking of Richmond!!

if a player bumped into an umpire the response would sound like "Pardon me sir" and would probably take his hat off and bow to him.

Thanks Graystar. As you say, the view about fwds is one I'll agree with seeing as most of my modest games were down back, "they never seem to lead to where I've just kicked it"... ;D